Monday, February 3, 2014

Essie Belugaria Review from the Encrusted Nail Polish Collection

Out of all of the Essie Encrusted Collection polishes, Belugaria is the one that I really wanted. One, because the name makes me think of fancy Beluga Caviar, and two, because the name reminds me of Bulgaria, and I have a fabulous friend from Bulgaria. lol. So yes, the main reasons I wanted this polish was because of the name and not necessarily because I knew I'd like the polish itself. I did like the way it looked in the bottle though!

Bottle of Belugaria



On the Essie site, this polish is described as a "holographic jet black lace". Further description as follows:
"live like a czarina. this richly ornamented jet black nail lacquer is laced with highly textured matte glitter with flashes of rainbow holographics."


I'm going to admit it, I disagree with how they describe this polish. This is not a "lace". It's textured like caviar, which makes sense to me, because, again, the name Belugaria makes me think of Beluga Caviar.

Belugaria on the nails





The application isn't all that tricky, cover the whole nail in one coat, then dab a second coat on the balder spots.



The texture looks to be tiny little black beads in a black polish. Plus some larger, hexagon holographic glitters throughout. The beads are much smaller than what's considered "normal sized" caviar nail beads, and I think I like that.


look at the pretty!
I don't know if you can tell, but my middle nail is darker looking with less holograph-y glitter shining off it. This is how the polish looks straight out of the bottle and on to the nails. I felt the glitter wasn't getting a chance to shine! The black polish covers the glitter almost completely. :(

So for the other nails, I took a small paintbrush, dipped it in a bit of polish remover, and gave each glitter a quick dab. So the pretty glitter has its chance to shine now! Hehe.



Failed attempt at capturing the name on the bottle. I still like the photo though!


All of the pictures in this post are without a top coat. 



Overall, I love the texture of this polish. I am actually incredibly surprised at how many negative reviews this polish has. It's a texture polish, which isn't for everyone. I think it's neat. I'm really liking texture polishes. I love Belugaria and There's Snow One Like You, so sue me. Haha. Mayhaps a future mani will consist entirely of those two, just because I can. Nyah hahahaha.





Ways to check out Essie:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy