Thursday, February 20, 2014

Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain Review

So last month, I picked up some Balm Stains. I got three of the Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stains, and one from Jordana. I ended up disliking the Jordana, and since there was only one, I skipped reviewing it. But today I'll be reviewing the Megaslicks.

As mentioned, I picked three up - a pink, a red, and a berry purple.




The colors are Pinky Promise, Red-dy or Not, and Lady and the Vamp.






First thoughts?
I think these guys look like crayons and that makes me happy. Plus they're supposed to keep my lips moisturized and conditioned, so that all sounds good to me! They're also supposed to have a minty cool sensation, which I was unsure of, as some mint products make me nauseous.




Pinky Promise:
This is a very frosty, light pink. I should have realized how frosty it would be based on the color in the tube, but alas. And while it doesn't necessarily look bad on my lips, it's certainly not a color I look for or tend to wear. And Pinky Promise does not stain my lips, although I'm guessing it's because it's such a light color.





Lady and the Vamp:
Lady and the Vamp is a dark purple, berry color. I actually like the stain it leaves over the color it initially gives. The stain is a reddish berry color that looks great on my lips, while the actual color can be a bit - well - vampy.





Red-dy or Not:
I probably prefer this one over the other two as far as favorites go, but more for the color than the stain. It's a subtle red with a lot of shine. I love the shine. The stain, however, looks more accidental than intentional, which isn't impressive.





Overall, these stains are... nothing special, in my opinion. The "cooling mint" that's advertised is very subtle, (which I prefer) and I got used to it quickly, to the point where I forgot the mint was even there - until my guy came in for a kiss and asked what the minty smell was. The Megaslicks do feel somewhat moisturizing, although the red more-so than the other two. Still, I'd rather layer it with an actual moisturizing balm.

My least favorite is Pinky Promise, while the other two each hold a number one spot for separate things. I love Lady and the Vamp's stain, but not the initial color, and it's reversed for Red-dy or Not. I mentioned it above, Red-dy or Not is probably my fave due to the color. What do you guys think?




Ways to check out Megaslicks Balm Stain:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy