Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day Ulta Haul

Last year, in lieu of chocolates or flowers, my guy got me makeup. All from the clearance section at Ulta. He asked, back then, if this would be an annual gift from now on. I warned him that the palettes and whatnot that he got me were great, but, because of how great they were, if we were to continue the tradition, I might want some of the more expensive makeups - like the Naked palette.

This year, he decided that more expensive makeup lasts longer than flowers or chocolates anyway, so we went back to Ulta. And I am one happy camper. Hee.


Granted, a lot of the haul is from the clearance section, because I couldn't resist. Hee.





First off, he got me the Ulta Beauty Box, a 74 piece collection. I actually purchased four of these to give to friends and family over Christmas, but couldn't bring myself to spend my Christmas money on myself, so I went without. They had these in Clearance, so he grabbed me one, remembering I had wanted one in December.




Next is an Ulta Eye Shadow and some essence french manicure tip guides. I haven't had an Ulta Eyeshadow in over ten years. I still remember that shadow from yesteryear, it was a very dark black with tiny glitters. I barely ever used it. I wasn't planning on picking an Ulta eye shadow up, well, ever, really, but I caught this one in Cherry Bomb, and well, I've been wanting a red shadow. All of the palettes I have do not include any reds. There are pinks and purples, but alas, red is nowhere to be found. I get why, I mean, red done wrong can lead to a look that might get confused for pink eye, but hey, I still want that option. lol. Plus, it was in the clearance section. So meh. :)
The tip guides were not in the clearance section, but they're only a dollar regular price. I got a pack of these around a year ago, and while they have some flaws, and I could basically do the same thing with tape, I figured why not just pick up another pack.



Some Sally Hansen Salon Effects Polish Strips in Tweed-le Dee, Misbehaved, and Sweet Tartan. They were on clearance, so I'm guessing these colors are being discontinued.



A couple of Zoya polishes! Vespa and Chita. I have been wanting Vespa since I first found Zoya, so I'm super happy to finally have it. These are my first Zoyas! I might do a review on them.


China Glaze Crinkle Chrome in Don't Be Foiled. I saw a few blog posts about these polishes, and I loved the way they looked, so I picked one up!


A bunch of NYX stuffs, some were on clearance, some were not.
There's the Center Stage Jumbo Eye Liner Collection, I've been wanting the jumbo white pencil for a few months now, and here it was with five more for only $5. Score! The Smile Brightener was also on clearance. It's tinted slightly blue to apparently help offset the yellow in your teeth. I'd been curious about this one. Three butter glosses that I will probably write a post about, and then an extreme Shine Lip Cream, a Soft Matte Lip Cream, and a Plump it Up Lip Plumper.




Finally.... some naked palettes!! Squeeeeeee!
On the way to Ulta, he asked if I would rather have Naked 1 or Naked 2 right then. I told him I would rather have whichever one wasn't sold out. And sure enough, Naked2 was sold out. lol. So he grabbed the Naked palette, then surprised me when he also grabbed the Naked basics!! He'd already told me he was getting me a naked palette, but I wasn't expecting two! :D





So there's my Valentine's Day Ulta Haul! Soooo much loveliness, my guy spoils me. Hehe.






And an update on the Beauty Wishlist from 2014:
Four more to go!! Eee!!












1 comment:

  1. I have the Essence french manicure guides, they're not that great :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy