Sunday, February 9, 2014

Stiletto Nails?

So two weeks ago, I was dreading the ever coming "day I trim my nails to nubs". Two nails had started to break close to the base, and the tea bag wrap method was only delaying the inevitable. But I noticed where the breaks were and realized I might be able to get around trimming them down to nubs, by instead pointing them.

I posted a pic of them as soon as I painted them, so excuse the messiness.
But there they are. Pointy, stiletto nails. I really wasn't sure if I liked them. The idea of them seemed to be growing on me though!

Here's another pic taken over a week ago, a bit cleaner. lol.

Over the past few weeks, I came to the decision that yes, I do, actually like the way they look. However, they're... well... sharp. And I spent a lot of time being super careful not to stab myself in the eye if I had an itch to scratch on my face.

I did end up scratching myself hard enough to bleed a tiny bit too while I was maneuvering out of my coat.
(I scratched my right thumb with my left hand somehow.)

Not to mention the light stabbings I unintentionally attack my guy with whenever I went to hug, snuggle, or cuddle.

And since pointing my nails, two nails have since broken anyway. (One was not expected.) I still haven't trimmed the rest of my nails down yet though, so now I've got one nubby nail on each hand, and claws for the rest. lol.

So I suppose... as much as I like the way the stiletto nails look, I think I might just be a little too clumsy to keep stiletto nails. I don't want to spend all my time fearing I might accidentally stab my eye out, or my guy's eye. Ah well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy