Sunday, February 2, 2014

ORLY Secret Society Collection Review Pt 2

ORLY Secret Society Collection


Continuing with yesterday's part 1, here's part 2 of the ORLY Secret Society Collection! I don't have a picture of all three together for you, but today I'll be reviewing Lavish Bash, Macabre Masquerade, and Masked Ceremony.




Lavish Bash:






Lavish Bash has various gold and holo glitters. I think it looks pretty neat and would look fab over a colored
base polish. The tiny gold bar glitters are my fave.





Macabre Masquerade:



Macabre Masquerade is dark blue with colored glitters. Again, personal opinion, I feel it was misnamed. The next polish would have been a better "Macabre Masquerade", but ah well. This polish is pretty thin, so I needed a few coats to build it up proper. I don't know if I like this one all that much, mayhaps I'd like it if I put a base coat of a dark blue first and then just one coat of this. Hmm.





Masked Ceremony




Masked Ceremony is a black base with tiny silver glitter, very small purple hexagon glitters, and larger silver square glitters. This polish is mostly just disappointing. It looks so cool in the bottle, and I saved it for last because I thought it would be my favorite, but it's not. The silver micro glitters come out great, but the rest don't. I had to fight to get some of the purple and it was an even harder struggle to get some of the squares. The base polish hides most of the squares, which isn't that big of a problem. I just dab them lightly with a small paintbrush dipped in polish remover to let them shine a bit. But the polish also hides a lot of the purple. And the purples are too tiny for me to attempt to dab them all properly. Sigh.




Overall, Lavish Bash is my favorite from these three, with my least favorite being very close to a tie between Macabre Masquerade and Masked Ceremony. I probably dislike Masked Ceremony the most though, by just a tiny bit. What do you guys think?





Ways to check out ORLY:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy