Monday, December 30, 2013

Fixing my broken nail.

Ripped part of my nail the other day. And I've been getting frustrated at the cracks and rips in my nails lately, so I thought I'd give the tea bag wrap a try.

Things I used, an empty tea bag, a nail file, scissors, a base coat, scissors, and tweezers. In the picture, there's nail glue, but I didn't use it for two reasons - 1) because I read a base coat is sometimes better, and 2) because my nail glue had dried up. lol




My partially ripped nail:
Next to it is a snippet of empty tea bag.


Covered the nail in a base coat.


While still wet, place the piece of tea bag on to the nail, be sure to cover the rip.



Once dry, cover it again in a base coat.


Didn't take pictures of the next steps, but basically, once the base coat was dry, you file down tea bag just a tiny bit, so it blends well with the nail. Might repeat the steps a bit, until the nail is nice and smooth.



Cover in nail polish and voila. Apparently this gives a temporary fix, so I won't have to cut the nail down until it grows out a little. I'll let you know if it actually works. I hope it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy