Friday, December 20, 2013

How to Repair Cracked Powder Makeup

There are a lot of how to's for this problem, and I've watched quite a few videos with different methods. But they all cover similar processes, and I thought I'd share the way I fixed mine recently.

My lovely essence all about matt! Fixing Powder cracked in my purse at some point, so I finally had the opportunity to try this out.

I only used four items* total:
~Rubbing Alcohol
~A butter knife (or something to break apart the powder and spread it evenly)
~A paper towel (or tissue/clean towel/piece of fabric)
~Broken Pressed Powder

*There's also a zippy bag in this picture. I watched a few tutorials saying it was good to keep things clean, but I found I didn't need it.






Step 1: Take your knife and break the already broken pieces in to dust... or as small as you can make it.
You can see here I tried doing this INSIDE the zippy, but took it out shortly after.


Here we are. Nice and powder-fied.




Step 2: Pour some alcohol in. A lot of the tutorials I saw/read said you need a lot of alcohol, but really, use your best judgement. You only need enough to turn the powder into a nice thick paste. I used about a cap ful. (The cap from the alcohol bottle)





Step 3: Use your knife and mix it up!




Step 4: Take your knife and smooth out the surface as well as you can. Try and get it evenly spaced throughout the compact.



Step 5: Place your absorbent material over your powder, and press down with something hard and flat. I just used the alcohol top. Press all around to soak up excess alcohol. I pressed, then moved the paper towel, until the entire towel had been used.
Please Note: The design on your absorbent material is what your newly pressed powder will look like. Some folks prefer tissue because of this, but I figure, I'll be messing up the "design" anyhow when I use the powder, so it doesn't matter to me.





Step 6:  Let dry. A couple hours probably. I just set mine aside and left it overnight to dry.



And there you have it! Your previously broken pressed powder all newly pressed again!! Good as new. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy