Thursday, December 12, 2013

belVita crunchy Breakfast Biscuit Review



Next up from the Rose VoxBox* is the belVita Crunchy Breakfast Biscuits!


Taken straight from the Influenster RoseVoxBox card:
belVita crunchy Breakfast Biscuits are made with delicious ingredients and carefully baked to release steady energy that lasts all morning. They're a good source of fiber and B-vitamins, contain no high fructose corn syrup, have 18-20 grams of whole grain per serving, and taste great -
perfect for on-the-go.
(Price according to card: $3.69 for a box of 5 packets of 4 biscuits) (Price according to my Walmart: $2.98 for a box of 5 packets of 4 biscuits)




My thoughts? Interesting. When I was younger I was addicted to those random biscuit cookies my mum would bring home, and these just reminded me of them.




There are five flavors to choose from. I got blueberry in the VoxBox. There is also chocolate, golden oat, cinnamon apple, and cinnamon brown sugar.

Overall I liked it a lot. I'm not really a fan of blueberries/blueberry flavored anything, but these weren't too bad. I definitely liked the crispy texture, and felt like I'd like it even more in a different flavor.

So I wandered over to Walmart, and picked up a box.

They didn't have Golden Oat available at my Walmart, which was a bummer, because I feel like they're probably the flavor I'd like best. So I went with my second choice, Chocolate.



Now these are a treat.



Imagine... chocolate... biscuits. ROFL. I know, not very helpful, but that's what they are! And that's exactly what they taste like.




I actually love dipping these biscuits in tea. They're rich tasting, but each biscuit is pretty thin so it's not overpowering.





Overall, I really like them. I prefer the chocolate over the blueberry, but only because I'm not a fan of blueberries. And I imagine I'll like the Golden Oat the most. There's a spot for them on the shelf at Walmart, so I'll keep a lookout. I think the fiber helps with the energy levels for sure, and hey, I can always use more fiber in my life. lol.


I do want to mention that I shared my blueberry biscuits with my boyfriend, whom immediately winced and frowned while chewing. When I asked what exactly was wrong with them, he said they "tasted like crunchy Fig Newtons... I hate Fig Newtons".  I tasted my biscuit again, and could kind of taste what he was talking about, except I love Fig Newtons, so hey, to each their own.


Anyhoo, if anyone is curious about the chocolate belVita crunchy Breakfast Biscuits, and don't mind sharing your address, you can leave me a comment here with your email or tweet me, @msnoxy, and I'll send you a packet. I don't mind sharing. :D


Ways to check out belVita




*The products from the Rose VoxBox were sent to me complimentary by Influenster for testing and review. I purchased the chocolate Breakfast Biscuits myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy