Thursday, December 12, 2013

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara review


Last but not at all least from the Rose VoxBox*, the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara.





Taken straight from the Influenster RoseVoxBox card:
The 60's are back in full swing with a thicker, fuller, wide-eyed look! Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara brings you a bold, wide-eyed look, fanned out volume, and no clumps for lashes that are up, out, and over the top!
(Price according to card: $5.99)(Price according to my Walmart: N/A)



My first thought? MASCARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I. Love. Mascara. Sometimes if I've got no time for make up, I'll still find myself putting on mascara. Mascara, mascara, mascara, mascara. If I was only allowed one piece of makeup... yeah you get the picture. Speaking of pictures... I thought I'd take some of my eyes and a couple coats of this Retro Glam mascara, so you can see the product working yourself. :)



Here I am without any mascara on:



And here I am with an unnecessary pic of me putting on the mascara. lol. But at least here you can see how the brush looks!





After one coat:
Kablam! I think it looks pretty fab!





This is two coats on the top, left one coat on the bottom:
I actually usually stop at just one, though I can see two would work as well. I won't even bother with three coats, because, let's face it, eventually, mascara clumps lashes together. They can say it won't all they want, if you use too much, you'll get clumps. lol.


They sent me Black, and my immediate thought was "I'm going to need to go out and get the waterproof version."  For all the mascaras I've had and tried, you'd think someone who easily tears up do to emotions of any sort, or a slight wind... would have more waterproof mascaras... but nope. Ha. I'd also like to try "Extreme Black", which is the other option for this mascara. I don't even know if it does come in waterproof. lol.


Overall I really do love this mascara.

In just one coat of this, it seems to produce the same results that other mascaras take two or more coats to get.  I love that - it makes it even quicker to get my lashes in order. lol.

The only issue I have with this mascara is slight. It's the brush. The hour-glass brush seems to work great to fan out the lashes, but then I can't get to the outer corners of my eyes with it. Not that big of a deal, since the rest of my lashes look so fab you can't even tell.

This mascara was supposed to be out this past November, but I have yet to find it physically in stores. I've been on the lookout, but no such luck yet. At least not here around me. Anyone else having better luck? I'll keep an eye out for it. At such an affordable price, it's worth looking for.






Ways to check out Rimmel London:






*The products from the Rose VoxBox were sent to me complimentary by Influenster for testing and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy