Thursday, December 12, 2013

Lindt LINDOR Truffles Review


And now, from the Rose VoxBox*, we have the Lindt LINDOR Truffles!




Taken straight from the Rose VoxBox card:
Smooth, Melting, Luscious. When you break the shell of a LINDOR truffle, the irresistible smooth filling starts to melt and so will you. Available in 10 smooth, melting flavors. 
(Price according to card: $3.99 for a 5.1oz bag) (Price according to my Walmart: $3.00 for a 5.1oz bag)


My first thought? SCORE. I know Lindt truffles. Of COURSE I know these truffles! I love these truffles. They're my favorite chocolate truffle! Haha.




And apparently they come in "10 smooth, melting flavors". TEN! This statement actually confuses me, because on the official website, here's their list:

Which wrapper colors go with which truffle flavors?
• Gold = white chocolate
• Red = milk chocolate
• Dark/Royal Blue = 39% minimum cocoa dark chocolate
• Black = 60% minimum cocoa dark chocolate shell with 39% minimum truffle center
• Light/Sky Blue = stracciatella (white chocolate shell with cocoa nibs / white chocolate center)
• Light Green = mint
• Dark Green = peppermint
• Bronze/Copper = peanut butter
• Hot Pink = raspberry
• Brown = hazelnut
• Orange = Orange
• Dark Brown = Coffee


That's twelve. Plus they also have a few extras they sell on their site: vanilla, cappucino, coconut, almond, irish cream, citrus, and snowman. Snowman is a milk chocolate shell with a white chocolate center and sounds delicious. I'm going to have to be on the lookout for that one!

So I'm not sure what the "10" means. Mayhaps only ten of them are available in regular stores? I'm not entirely sure... hmm.... ANYHOO.


I love these truffles. Especially the white chocolate ones. When I saw I scored a truffle in my VoxBox, I immediately remembered my love for them and had to go out to pick some up.


I grabbed the white chocolate ones and the stracciatella ones, which are apparently white chocolate with some bits of cocoa nibs thrown in to the shell. Love them both!!



Don't the wrappers look beautiful?! This makes me want to go back out and pick up a couple more colors, just so I can throw them all in to a pretty Christmas bowl for decoration and nibbles! (Sorry for all the exclamation points, I just LOVE this chocolate. And it might have to do with the sugar rush I'm currently experiencing...)


Here are the two, unwrapped, with a quarter near them for scale.



Stracciatella broken in half.





Milk chocolate broken in half.




These truffles are bite sized pieces of heaven. And when you consider the fact that truffles from a candy store or chocolate shoppe cost anywhere from $1-3 a piece... $3 for 12 of these guys really aren't a bad deal. Especially since I'm learning that I actually prefer these Lindt truffles over the fancier, pricier versions.


Overall, these are probably my favorite chocolates. Love these truffles. :)
I'll throw another offer at you, interested in trying a white chocolate or stracciatella truffle and okay with giving me your addy? Leave a comment below or shoot me a tweet, @msnoxy. I'll send one to ya! Just... be warned I can't promise they'll travel well. I'm sure they'll still taste delicious though! lol. :)




Ways to check out Lindt LINDOR truffles:





*The products from the Rose VoxBox were sent to me complimentary by Influenster for testing and review. The white chocolate and Straccatella truffles were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy