Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cough Sneeze Cough Cough




Yesterday, this is how I felt most of the day. It felt like there was a cold, sticky lump in the middle of my chest that occasionally released mucus. (tmi I know)  My entire body was aching like I'd worked out every muscle vigorously. My nose was blocked, attempts to unblock proved unsuccessful. Coughing was constant - especially immediately after laughing. (My guy kept trying to make me smile, despite also being sick) Sneezing was just plain painful....


This was a picture I took yesterday, my shirt's minion's mouth expression fit how I felt nicely. The day before? All I had was that cold, sticky lump in my chest. I barely even coughed. And then it all hit me like a ton of bricks.

I don't need to say this, but I will: Being sick sucks.

Today I'm feeling a LOT better, but still quite sick. That cold, sticky lump in my chest is still there, but feels smaller. Coughing is still constant but not as painful. Sneezing still hurts but actually makes me feel a lot better afterwards. Nose isn't as stuffed up. I guess, on a personal sickness scale of -5 to 10... (-5 being awful and 10 being good, obviously) the day before yesterday I was a 7, yesterday was -5, and today is more of a 4. Haha-COUGHCOUGHCOUGH.

I spent most of today trying to nap away the sickness, though only managed to successfully take one nap... which took place from 7-9pm. Might explain why I'm up so late. Also, to explain, in noxy speak, "yesterday" is defined as "before I last went to sleep". Just like "today" is "The time I woke up from last sleep, till now". Naps don't count. It may be the 22nd technically, but as I have not slept yet, "today" is still mostly the 21st. And the 20th was when I felt awful.

I took some time today adding pictures to my noxyism facebook page. Pictures of myself and my nails. I'm going to try to be more active on that page. Hopefully that works out for me.





While looking at old blog posts I found this song:


And I've been playing it on repeat ever since. I really do love this song.



And now I'm having a sneezing fit. I suppose I should go to bed... I'm just hoping my guy and I can get well enough before Christmas Eve, since we're supposed to go hang out with my Sis-in-law's family. If we're not well enough, we'll have to skip it, because there will be adults, kids and babies there, and I don't want to risk getting any of them sick.  Here's hoping. I'll leave you with my Christmas nails:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy