Saturday, December 28, 2013

Freak Show Polish - A Very Merry Christmas Tree Review

Back on the 19th, I mentioned that Accio Lacquer was having a scavenger hunt, and that I won two rounds. I received Lacquered Bliss's Deck Your Holos, and was still waiting on the other prize.

I got the prize in the mail on Christmas Eve, and unfortunately was already running out the door to my Sis-in-law's family's house, so I couldn't open it or play with the polish. And then Christmas came along and I was again busy. I wasn't even able to open it until the 26th, when I promptly started playing. lol.

I had the opportunity to choose a polish from Freak Show Polish's Christmas Under the Big Top Collection, and I picked A Very Merry Christmas Tree.  Imagine my surprise when I opened the package and saw a full size of my chosen polish and a mini of Yuletide Cheer! Eeee!



This review will be on A Very Merry Christmas Tree, tomorrow I'll do a review on Yuletide Cheer.

Taken from official description:

"A Very Merry Christmas Tree is a white jelly full of red and aqua squares, green, silver and iridescent hexes and blue bar glitters. Layer two coats for a squishy jelly look or add on top of a cream polish for a more subtle look."



When I first saw this polish, I fell in love. I just adored all the pretty glitter shapes. I immediately removed my Christmas nail polish to try this one out.







Each nail is different, so that I could see which I liked best. The formula is a lovely white jelly, so I thought I'd pick a couple of cream polishes to act as a bottom layer for comparison purposes.




 On my index finger is two coats of the polish alone. And wouldn't you know it? That's my favorite look. Go figure. lol

My middle finger is the polish alone as well... except there's more like... five or six coats on that one. Yeah, I might have gone overboard. And I'm not too big a fan of how busy it looks this way, although all the extra layers of glitter is kind of neat altogether like that.

My ring finger has a coat of mint polish. I thought it might enhance the pretty of the glitter. And it's really not bad. I suppose if I choose to wear this polish with a cream base again in the future, mint will be preferred.

My pinkie has a white polish base. This one is almost my least favorite option, as it almost feels like it takes the magic away from A Very Merry Christmas Tree. Kind of like I just went and layered a bunch of different glitters myself.

And then on my thumb is a black polish base. This is my least favorite, but I was expecting that, because it's a white jelly glitter polish. lol.


I did like how the black base helps you see all the different glitters in it though! If for nothing else, it's a good picture to have. lol.




Overall, I love this polish, and simple is best - the two coats by itself is definitely my fave! :)




Ways to check out Freak Show Polish






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy