Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dream Water Review

Since I'm awake, I suppose I could give a quick review on something I purchased earlier today in hopes it would help me sleep. It was obviously not completely successful.


Dream Water

This stuff has been around for quite a while now, but they cost around $2 a bottle, and each bottle is one serving. So I was not able to justify picking one up to try it - especially if it worked and I found myself stocking up on this stuff. Alas, though, I found a ton of this in the clearance section at Walmart for only $1 each, so I picked up two bottles.









Essentially, this Dream Water is supposed to reduce anxiety and promote sleepiness to help you fall asleep, and stay asleep.


Like I said, this obviously was not successful. The first issue I had with this is a pet peeve of mine. If you're going to have perforation along your seal to make it easy to open, make sure it's easy to open. The perforation did nothing to help me open the bottle. I had to attack the bottle with scissors.

There are three flavors of this product: Nighttime Nectar, nightTea night, and Snoozeberry. I got the Nighttime Nectar. It tastes like watered down lemonade, where someone used Stevia to sweeten it. I am not a fan of artificial sweeteners, so this made the drink quite the opposite of enjoyable for me.

I must say, I was pleased when I tried this. Sure, the drink tastes awful, but not as bad as caffeine shots, and sure enough, about a half an hour after taking this, I was feeling sleepy. And I fell asleep. Imagine my delight when I realized I was actually falling asleep. I didn't take this before bed, but rather after being unsuccessful at falling asleep by myself. So yeah, was pretty psyched.

But then, three hours later, I awoke with a jolt, convinced I was going to be late to start the day. At 2 in the morning.

I have another bottle of this. Mayhaps I will drink that one now to get another three hour nap in before having to wake up.

Overall, this drink did help me fall asleep, but it did not help me stay asleep. And it claims to do both. Disappointing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy