Thursday, December 12, 2013

Kiss® Gradation Polish Review


And now we'll be focusing on the Kiss Gradation Polishes from the Rose VoxBox*.



 Taken straight from the Influenster RoseVoxBox card:
Give yourself a trendy gradation manicure in no time with Kiss Gradation Polishes. Quick and easy to apply in three easy steps, you will end up with a mani filled with glitter and shine in no time! Available at Walgreens.
(Price according to card: $6.99) (Price according to my Walmart: $6.97)

My first thoughts? Excitement! I looove doing gradation nails, and if this is truly a quicker and easier method, then AWESOME. They come in four lovely colors, Film Noir, (Silvery to black) Exposure, (silvery to dark gold) Big Break Blue, (Silver to light blue) and Freeze Frame. (Silvery to Pink)  I received the Film Noir set.








So essentially, the instructions are simple enough:


1) Take your Step 1 polish and cover your nails with 1-3 coats. (You probably need 2-3)  Let dry completely.



**Once step 1 is dry, do the next 2 steps immediately after the other. Best if you do one nail at a time.**


2) Take your Step 2 polish and paint the top third of your nail. (Your tips.)





3) Immediately after, take your Step 3 and paint the top half of your nail. (Go back over your tips, but start towards mid nail)




4) Done!




The finished product looks... pretty good.





The problem is consistency.

I had trouble getting the gradation to work right on some nails, while others worked like a charm. I've used these polishes three times now and I still have trouble with it. I suppose it's not noticeable from afar, but even a friend could tell my polish didn't shift from one to the other as smoothly as I normally get it with a sponge.

Even while doing my nails with these polishes I thought to myself, "I should try using these with a sponge, I bet they'd turn out great!!"  Before quickly remembering that, no, these are supposed to be the easy way to do it.


Overall, they're alright. Especially if you want a quick gradation nail look without all the sponge hassle. Maybe a ladies night when you're out clubbing? :)


 Personally though, I'd rather stick to the sponges than spend the money on this. I mean, they're just complimentary glitters, and it comes out to over $2 a bottle... with each bottle holding .2 ounces each. A $2 bottle of Sinful Colors nail polish is .5 ounces. I just don't feel these are worth it to me.  I'd rather pick up some similar glitter colors in bigger bottles and grab a sponge. And even though I keep eyeing the pink Freeze Frame set whenever I pass it, I don't think I'll be picking that one up any time soon.






Ways to check out Kiss Gradation Polishes:




*The products from the Rose VoxBox were sent to me complimentary by Influenster for testing and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy