Monday, August 17, 2009

ah CHOOOO

I've been sneezing all day. Ugh.

I did everything on my list yesterday. Am most happy with myself. I did some laundry, then some dishes. I even ran the dishwasher a couple times empty with CLR to see if I could clean out the water deposits that my dad thinks aren't water deposits. Well, what the heck else could they be, dad?? But the CLR seems to have worked well enough, so now I only hope I'll see improvement in the dishes as well.

I made shoes for Linny. They came out a bit different than I had expected them to be, I originally planned on making them completely out of clay, but that plan failed. So the platforms are of clay, while the straps are embroidery thread.


Flash kills my photos


I love her pose here. It's especially special because she chose the pose herself. I merely straightened her out.


A couple closeups of the shoes


I like how I used her foot to make sure I'd get the right size, and they still ended up small. Does clay shrink?? Oh well, they're not too much smaller, just her toes peek over the edge a bit, and I've seen celebrities wearing their shoes like that in magazines, so no big deal.


Next is Mr. Joe. I must admit, I'm rather proud of how he turned out. Except his feet, but whatever. lol.


These two are before shots


I wish I'd taken more before shots of his head. Because I ended up redoing his paint too. But I hadn't originally planned on that, so I didn't think to take a picture of it. As you can see, he has no feet, and no arm. In the clothes-less pic you can make out the tape that's across him to keep his arm in. And as far as paint, the scar on his cheek, his eyebrows, and a large part of his hair were faded away.


And this is his new clay arm. It doesn't use the same joints as his other arm does, his clay arm is more like a ball jointed arm - the elastic goes all the way through his arm and hooks to the the other arm inside his torso. It's also slightly longer, and I'm pretty sure it's because of the hand. I'm terrible at hands though, so I was expecting that. lol.




And here it is painted - to the best of my abilities - to match his other arm. It was difficult, because I was depending mainly on artificial light, which tends to throw my sight off, but it was such an icky day out, I had no other choice.


And here's a closeup of his repainted face. I left his eyes alone, which was hard to do, because they were obviously hand painted originally and the pupils are horridly uncentered and uneven, but I couldn't trust myself to do a better job. So meh. I lightened his lips, and used a lighter color for his scar, which I saw was originally a brighter pink. The color of maybe... a newer scar? Before it begins to soften and fade? After 45 years, (his bum says '64) I think he deserved a new coat of paint. Haha. I redid his eyebrows and hair, matching both original colors the best I could. I even whipped up his facial skintone to paint over some of the mistakes from his original hair. You know, it went over the lines a bit.


And this is him with his crummy shoes on. Sorry, you won't see much better than that, because I was absolutely terrible in making them. They're uneven, lop-sided. Not symmetrical. Nowhere near symmetrical. They even attach to the leg differently. Ugh. They're painted the color of dark olive chucks. A bit like these that I found online:


The idea being that they'd match his camo shirt. But now I don't think I want him wearing that shirt. I've decided that he's retired (I mean, after 45 years, getting "injured in combat", and now wearing Chucks... makes sense he wouldn't be serving anymore right?) so he doesn't really need to wear the camo... it urks me, because only a couple weeks ago, I had one of his shirts on the floor of my room. It was a slate blue ish color, and when I finally really looked at it, I wondered why on earth it was there. So I moved it. To where? I don't know. Which... urks me. I keep trying to think back... but the furthest I can remember, I thought it might fit Linny, so I.... and then I can't remember anymore. :( It's so frustrating to think I had the bloody shirt just a little while ago, and now I can't find it. So, Mr. Joe is shirtless until I can find his shirt, or decide to make him one myself.

Linny and Mr. Joe can both stand in their shoes - a plus. So here's a few shots with them together.











Here's their shoes... you can tell Mr Joe's right shoe (the one on the left) is so terribly lopsided.


This pic looks a bit sub/dom, what with his shirt off and in a pleather, throne-like chair, and her sitting at his feet, but I still thought it looked cute. And how many Doms do you see in green chucks? I've yet to meet one. Yep, so I'll just say they were posin' pretty. Hehe.

My next project? Well, what with Mr. Joe being reconstructed or whatever, I felt obligated to help out his wife as well. Workin' Out Barbie. Atleast... I'm pretty sure that's what she is. I've long lost her outfit. And she and Ballerina Barbie are the only ones from my childhood that I remember owning that were jointed like that... but... I acquired my friend's Workin' Out Barbie when she outgrew Barbies, (I obviously never did) and they look different. I wonder if it's just because I obviously played with mine more or what... Here, let me take a quick pic of the two side by side.

The one on the left is my original, the right is my friend's, now mine. Their faces look so different. Do the same Barbies have different faces sometimes? Their bodies are exactly the same, but I'm not sure if their hair was. At our old apartment complex, it rained so much it flooded the courtyard in to a pond for a while. I think I vaguely remember my Barbie might have been lost in it once. (I gave her a good scrubbing once found though) So her hair is obviously damaged. It actually looked a lot worse earlier today, I just cleaned her hair, so it's currently drying. Her bangs still look horrid... we'll see about those. But that's why she's without clothes at the moment. She just took a shower.

So... I'm going to do my best in fixing her. I should have taken better before pics. Like, taken them before I just gave her a bath. But oh well. I haven't done that much yet. As far as any physical injuries, she's missing her thumb on her left hand. Her leg joints aren't stiff anymore, they swing rather easily, making it harder for her to hold a pose. But otherwise, she's fine. I can't do much as far as her knee joints, but I can try and make her a new thumb out of clay... I also plan on repainting her face, to look a little less Barbie. From the info I found online, she came out in '96. She got married to Mr. Joe in '97 or '98... I can't remember for sure. We lived in Des Plaines when we had the ceremony, and we only lived in Des Plaines for those two years. So, she's been married for 11 or 12 years. I don't want her wearing bright blue eyeshadow and bright pink lipstick anymore dang it.

So uh... yeah... if all goes well, she'll be all prettified for Mr. Joe, and I'll celebrate by giving her a new name, and maybe I'll work out a place for them to live. *shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy