Saturday, August 22, 2009

songs stuck in my head!!!

Whenever I play Restaurant City on Facebook - and that's often - my mind jumps to one of two songs that RC reminds me of. Suffragette City by David Bowie and Paradise City by Guns N' Roses. The game never fails to stick those two flippin' songs in to my head, interchangeably. Drives me insane. INSANE. Ugh...

I have to remember my library books are due back in 3 days. I'm procrastinating. For one thing, I have like, 6 I want to extend the due date on. And for another, the danged library is so much further away now. *sigh*

Thinking back on my Barbie Hotel of Yesteryear, I realized that having "artwork" on the walls is something I want for my dolls. I had printed out some pictures a while ago for Ethan, but there aren't many, and since he's a big doll, he'll have big walls. I no longer have a printer available to me, so printing pictures myself is now out, but I could still do what I did before, and cut them out of magazines. Except... the only magazines I have available to me are Gourmet, Cosmo, Rolling Stone, and Us Weekly. Not exactly the best choices to get interesting pictures. I'm not a big fan of cutting up my cosmos either, so that's out. Soooo... I just signed up for a couple dozen catalogs via Catalogs.com. Should be getting a whole bunch of interesting catalogs in the next few weeks. Yay.

I went to Walmart yesterday, the one closer to me than the other one, (the closest one doesn't have fabric... which makes me wonder why they have sewing machines) and yay! I think they had the bobbins I need. They look the same, and they were two dollars less than the ones at Hobby Lobby. There's always low prices at Walmart! *cheesy smile and two thumbs up* There's now a little more than a dollar in my wallet. Not sure of the exact amount. But... I'm tempted to buy a dollar store 4-pack of batteries - just so I can use my camera again, if even for a short time. That might be where I end up today.

Oh and obviously, since I went to get bobbins, I was able to find my stuffing. I only used a very small amount on the tiny HP doll I made a couple years ago.

I think today will be a short entry. And look, oh dear, no pictures. Here you go:
It's my favorite artist Marina's Mermaid Song held by Chad on the cover of Tattoo Extreme Magazine. Marina has a section in her Published Work for the magazine too. It has a couple of gorgeous pictures I had not yet seen. The picture of Mermaid Song and Fiori is so stunning, but the pic of Frei and Noir has to be my fave there. Not to mention that picture of the Eight Princesses has been my desktop for ages now. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy