Thursday, August 20, 2009

ugh

I tried making those shoes for Rain. It didn't work out too well. Frustrating, I can't seem to make two identical shoes. One was bigger than the other. So, I made a couple other pairs of shoes she can't wear (not to mention are also non-symmetrical) and decided to use them as details for the Joes' room.

I want a book shelf. When I was little, I made my bookshelf in to a "hotel" for my barbies. I made a dozen one-person beds, with pillows and blankets, and then they all shared a common living room. I separated the shelves in to rooms by cutting cardboard to size and painting them to indicate each different room. I wandered through magazines and catalogs, clipping out "posters" for them to put up - each doll having a different taste in "art". Their rooms were so small, most of them only had a bed, so it would explain why most of them hung out in the common room. That room was adorable. Adorable! I made a living room set out (pretty advanced if you ask me... in fact I may make my current dolls' living room sets in the same way...) of cardboard, fabric, and stuffing. Then they had a bar with a refrigerator. They had a bookshelf full of "books". And they had a big screen tv made of index cards and tape. That tv was uber awesome. I put it on a small tv stand, which I had taped a to-scale scanned picture of our own vhs tapes (set on the scanner stacked next to eachother) in with a pink vcr and a pink stereo with some of my cd's printed to-scale. The tv had my then favorite movie: an action still shot of Mission Impossible 2. In fact... if I remember correctly, this is the picture I used. I even just found it on the same web site I might have found it then. Ha. Ha! Memories. The index cards I used were pastel colors, so I painted them a shiny black. I made the handles of the tv table below out of bright pink clay. (not because pink was my favorite color, but because pink was barbie) I think they might have even had a rug too. What an awesome Barbie hotel I had! I wish I had taken pictures. Or kept some of the stuff I had used in it. Some of the pictures are still on the bookshelf, when I had out grown the hotel, I left some of the pictures up, because I didn't really care to take them all down.

The bookshelf is now in the garage. I had planned on it only staying there until I knew what I wanted to do with it, but now that I know what to do with it, the bookshelf is now being used in the garage, so I can't really take it back. It would have been lovely to have a permanent fixture for these rooms, but oh well. Guess I'll go looking for a box to fit Rain and Garrett.

I decided what I want the beds to look like. Well, the shapes atleast. As far as colors, the only thing I know is Gareth's will be black and red. And Rain and Garrett's will have a cream satin bedsheet. But that's the extent of what I know. I'm not even sure of the cream bedsheet.

Speaking of Gareth and Garrett, their names are too similar for my liking. So it's been decided - Gareth will be changing his name. I sat and stared at the two for a while, and I think Mr. Joe looks more like a Garrett to me than Gareth looks like a Gareth. If that made sense. Ha. So Gareth will be a middle name. I searched "Gareth" on baby names, then clicked "similar names". That brought me to "Aiden", which is another name I love, but don't think it fits. Similar names brought me to "Logan" - another name I love... odd how the names I love seem to be linked... but I don't think Logan fits either. I wonder how they're "similar". I thought of Lif, which means "Life", but then my mind jumped to "Lif Gareth" which then jumped to "Leif Garrett".... and I decided his name wouldn't be Lif. His new name is Ethan. Ethan Gareth. Yep. That works for me.

I did read a little more of Son of a Witch. Think I'll read some more later.

I'm really wanting to wander the only Walmart with a fabric section today. First I should check to see if I can find the package of stuffing fluff I bought two years ago. Cuz that'll be needed for bedding pillows. I only have a couple of dollars, (literally) which is why I'd prefer to go to walmart than Hobby Lobby - walmart has a $1-$2/yd section. Hobby Lobby only has sales. I'll also wander over to see if I can't find some bobbins, and then maybe some clear thread as well. I don't think I'll have enough for the thread, but atleast I can see if I can find some. I added my "to-buy" list as a permanent fixture on my blog, so I don't forget or have to go back to the entry where I last listed it.

Don't know if I really feel like doing much today. I might just spend the day wandering walmart and Hobby Lobby, (they're right near eachother) taking notes on possibilities for the rooms. Wish my camera worked, I could further my notes by taking pictures, but grr. I think I have enough for some cheap-o batteries, but I don't really know if I want to spend what little money I have on batteries that won't last that long. I might wander a dollar store too, they sometimes have little things that work for little rooms.

I think I'll wander off for a shower now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy