Monday, August 10, 2009

One week down...

Lookit! I made it an entire week through blog posts. Wow. I'm so proud of myself. Still not feeling well, trying to drink juice to feel better. My brother sells this stuff you stick in liquid for "immunity" and it's supposed to help fight off sickness. But dang it, it tastes like kool aid. And oh do I hate kool aid. Hate's not even a strong enough word. Despise? Loathe? Something like that. I hate anything that tastes like it too. Like, jello is jiggly kool aid, and so I do not eat jello. There is an exception to the no jello rule though - if the jello is mixed with a whipped cream to where it does not taste so much like kool aid... I have no problem with it. I hate most flavored waters because of the kool aid issue as well. As far as I know, there's only one exception to the flavored water rule - vitamin water - but I can't drink all flavors. Flavors like kiwi anything and strawberry taste too familiar and don't work for me. Blech.

Where was I? Oh right, so I'm taking vitamin C pills instead. GO AWAY SICKNESS! All I want to do is lay in bed and finish reading Wicked. Very interesting story so far. Probably not one I would have ever pulled off the library shelf on my own, but it comes well recommended by a good friend. So I've checked out the whole series. Which... ack... reminds me, all fifteen or so books I checked out are due back in about two weeks... and I've only read... four? Dang. I'll hafta get a move on, and even then, I read slow, so I won't finish them all. I'll have to check them out another day. Or try extending the due dates. I dunno, something like that. I'm not sure if I can extend the date though, because they were all automatically extended in the first place. My library is moving, and so all books that fell due during the move got extended. And I have atleast three other books I want to check out once they're all situated again. Oy.

I want to volunteer as an intern at the Realife Plus forum I go to, but it requires me to print and fill out an application. And that requires me to have a printer. Bugger. My printer has long since broken, and the only other printer here is my brother's, which is out of ink. I don't have the money to buy more ink, and won't pester him to buy it if he doesn't need it right now. So now what? I wonder if one of my friends have a printer I might be able to use... but... bah... I don't want to bother them with it... and my library is in between a move so I can't use them... What the heck. Ugh.

So I made a leotard for Linny. It turned out... acceptable. A little off, and I tried fixing it by hand sewing. It'll do. At the moment I like it better than the Barbie top, but that just be because I'm tired of the Barbie top. *shrug* Welp, been procrastinating enough, picture time!

First here's Linny in her white wig and leotard:







Next, Linny in the green, classical/pancake tutu. You can't see the black thread so much in these pics:




And here's Linny in the second, tulle skirt. It's longer, and doesn't pancake out. I tried to cover the ugly black thread here with a band of pink:






And Linny in the simple, plain blue skirt:




And the last skirt, a simple one like the blue one, only this one is in all three colors:






OOoooo oooo, and this is Linny's thread wig:






Teehee. And finally, Linny in her thread wig, with my favorite of the skirts on, and sitting in a big ugly chair I made for Gareth:






Wow, those are quite a few pictures... mayhaps I should have just taken pics right after one thing was done, instead of waiting until the batch was. Hmm... meh. Whatever.

Next up in my tasks, I think I'll try and make a pair of shoes for Linny. It will be interesting. Then I'll move on to the jammies for Gareth.

But right now.... I'll be re-threading the ugly black bobbin with ugly brown thread... by hand. I don't want to try and pull the other bobbin off, I'm afraid it won't go back on. And I decided to go with the ugly brown because at the moment I only have brown, yellow, white, and orange. And since Gareth's jammies are dark, I think the brown will work. No see-through tulle for Gareth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy