Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Newest Task

The Vet called. Britney's ashes were ready. I drove there telling myself I wouldn't cry. It was so hard to tell them what I was there for. I stared at nothing while I waited. And once I received... her.. I walked out, got in to my car, and broke down. I imagined my last car ride with her, was to the very same spot. And now I was going home with her. She came in a default white plastic box, but my brother wants to get something nicer. The prices at the vet were very expensive, and our family could barely pay for the vet bill as it was. So I went online to look for something. I found a couple of nice ones that I think. More affordable. I'll talk to my brother about it later...

So I wandered down into the basement to look for the tulle I know I had. I found one color, but I was almost certain I bought three... and I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why I had separated them... looking... looking... forty minutes in to my search, and I found nothing. I was going insane. I checked the "tv" box (meant for Gareth's room) that is actually a grill box, and found out Gareth does only just fit. I'd prefer a bigger box, but the other, bigger boxes are waaaaay too big, so that will have to do. I checked this while looking for the tulle. I checked a dozen other boxes and bags (we moved quickly out of our old home, so garbage bags were used when boxes were not available) to no avail. I even wandered over to my new clay station (the corner in my dad's area) to see if I had it there. Nope.

I climbed and pushed my way over to the sewing machine, forgetting I needed a screwdriver in order to remove it from the table. Dang. So I climbed and pushed my way back to get one. Atleast I knew which kind to grab. And once it was free... my goodness but it was heavy! I don't think I ever realized it. I mean, I remember moving the whole thing around, and knew it was heavy, but assumed that was all the table weight. The sewing machine looks all light. But no... that was a challenge... pushing and climbing my way back with a heavy sewing machine. Eventually I made it, and went wandering through our bags of unused clothes to see if I could find some fabrics to use for Linny and Gareth. Got a good washer load full. Hopefully, I'll actually use the fabrics in clothing... rather than forgetting and leaving it again. Actually, I also found fabrics that may be good for bedding and curtains too. They're all washing right now. I also found some embroidery thread that I may use for something for Linny.

And then... just as I had wanted to give up, I found the tulle and beads - in one of those "there's no possible way it could be here so why the heck am I looking?" places. When something is in one of those places, you can't really kick yourself for not looking there in the first place, because there was no way you would have looked there. It made no sense. We have this old loveseat downstairs, kind ugly, so my brother covered it with a light blue NFL bed sheet. (yeah... that's sooo much better, right?) The last time things got moved around, the sheet came loose, and was sitting on the cushions, waiting to be fixed. That was months ago. Last night, while going insane, I wanted a place to sit and think of where I could have hidden my tulle, (and beads too) but decided to straighten out the sheet first. TADA. There's my tulle and beads, sitting within the sheet, all alone. (I thought I had put them in a bag) Ugh. So yay. I found the tulle and the beads. The sewing machine is sitting on the floor waiting to be used, and the other fabrics needed are in the wash. So yay. I'm getting somewhere.

I went looking for the microwave too. No surprise, it was still in the garage. I brought it in (HEAVY) and set it in the kitchen to clean it. I sighed as I saw the nastiness that had overtaken the outside of the thing. But then nearly jumped for joy when I noticed something... those clear sticker things they put on appliances and tables and stuff? The protective film or whatever, to prevent scratching during moving? Half of it was still on the microwave. And joy, most of the nastiness was on the film! So I removed the decades old film, and went to work on the inside. I noticed a film was inside too! Though I'm not sure if it was supposed to be removed or not. It was on the inside of the door, and might have been "permanent" had it not also been 25 years old. Meh... whether it was supposed to be removed or not, it's gone now. Not like I'm using it to cook anything. It's an empty room now, waiting to be furnished in the basement. Ha. I had meant to stick Linny in to see how she measures in it, but she was upstairs in my room, awaiting a possible wig.

I've made three wigs before, for my clay dolls, out of my own hair the last time I got it cut. They're horrendous looking wigs. Haha. I suck. But I wanted Linny to have a wig too. While she's lovely without one, still, I'd like to see if I can successfully make one for her. I'm not using hair this time though, I'm using embroidery thread. Haha. I chose purple to be her wig color, because I have the most purple. If I can successfully make one out of this, I may make her a couple of different wigs: another purple one - only shorter, a bright blue one, a bright green one... maybe a yellow or orange one... I might have some more "normal" hair colors as well. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's for now assume that I suck horribly. That way, if it works out, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

And since I am without pictures today, I shall end this with a lovely picture by Chad Isley, of an Enchanted Doll:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy