Tuesday, August 18, 2009

dum de dumm

I made brownies. Yummmm.

I'm also going to die. Not literally, but I sure am going to hate myself soon enough. I can't drink soda. Not anymore. A few months ago, I started feeling terrible, and having digestive problems, and the problems wouldn't go away and I couldn't figure out why. I'd ruled out pop because I spent most my life drinking pop, so why would that all of a sudden change? Sadly, it somehow did. So I can't drink pop without feeling absolutely terrible and getting digestive problems. I've been doing real good for a while, not drinking soda. But today... well, today my brother took me and the bf to Mickey D's, I ordered a meal and I hate their non-carbonated choices, so I picked coke. *sigh*

My camera has run out of batteries. Pain in the bum that is. It requires 4 AA batteries, and I currently have... none. So yay. No more camera for now. It sucks, cuz I wanted to take pics of the Barbie. I tried taking some of her on my phone, but my phone is terrible for good pics, so I used my brother's, which is better than my phone's, but still not satisfactory. Guess they'll have to do for now. I'll retake pics when I get new batteries.

I made a thumb for her. It's hideous, and I couldn't get the color match, but it's better than no thumb I think. And repainted her face. Turned out just fine. I like the changes. Her eyes were originally a bright blue with a bit of green. Now they're all green. And I covered the blue shadow and liner with brown shadow and black liner. And her lips are a more natural looking lipstick color now. And I darkened her brows just a smidgen.

She also has a basic french manicure/pedicure, and some rings. New, simple silver earrings too. Of course, she has her wedding rings as well, and Mr. Joe has a band too. I wanted their set to be white gold, because if I ever got married, I'd want white gold, but staying true to his life, living in the 60's, I think yellow gold was the norm back then.

In my mind, looking at her now, she's got a bit of a hippy-chic in her style. Which works well, since Mr. Joe is from the 60's. I made her some beads, and gave her some silly tattoos. She has:

~a green three leaf clover on her left inner wrist (it's actually a tattoo I want to get on myself someday)
~a turquoise flower on her left ankle
~a random squiggly on her right upper arm
~a Jack Sparrow tattoo on her back (I did it from memory, so it doesn't look quite right. Good enough though)
~and a turquoise peace sign on her neck

Here's some before shots, done with my camera before it died:

Notice the bright blue liner and shadow, and bright pink lips


That's the hand with the missing thumb. I honestly have no idea how that happened. Can't seem to remember.


And here's some crappy camera phone pics of her now:

you can see the squiggly tatt on her arm, and some of her rings.


Can't really tell how gosh-awful that new thumb is in this pic, and you can barely see the wedding rings. She has another ring on her first finger on that hand too, but I can't see it in this pic.



Close up of her beads. Her top is from that barbie I spoke of a few days ago, whose hoodie and capris now belong to Linny. Welp, now her top belongs to this lady.


Can't really tell all that much of her makeup changes in this pic. I guess you can see how her eyes are all green, and how her lips aren't bright pink. You can see the earrings too. Just small hoops. It looks like she's wearing a hat on her head:


(This pic taken on my phone) But it's not really a hat. I made her skirt from a duster (remember those? They were popular a couple years ago, I think I was a freshman in high school) that never fit me and wasn't made too well. I used a sleeve for the skirt, and the cuff or whatever is what's on her head. Kinda cute as long as you don't turn her around. lol.

It's a long skirt, reaches below her ankles:

Again, taken with my phone. Oh, she's got two toe rings too. ha. Okay, enough with ugly phone pictures.

Names have been chosen.

Her name is Iraina Floryna Joe. Her maiden name was Prashanti. She is of European and Indian descent. Her first name is pronounced EE-RAY-NAH. But her hubby and I call her Rain. Going with her Hippy-chic mystique, I looked up names that meant "flower" and "peace". Iraina means peace. Floryna (spelled with a y instead of an i for originality. lol) means flower. And Prashanti means supreme peace.

His name is Garrett Ian Joe. Ha. Ha ha. I get a kick out of that. I first read the name Garrett in a romance novel, The One Worth Waiting For by Alicia Scott. I always thought Garrett was a kickass name, and in the book, he's a navy SEAL. While I was on the baby names site looking for Rain's new name, I decided to look for Mr. Joe's as well. Rather than looking for "name meanings"... I looked at the top 500 names in 1964 - the year printed on his bum. The top 100 names had a bunch of "always there" names, and I didn't want him to have that popular a name. So I jumped to the end pages and looked for some G names. I found Garrett. Number 453. And it clicked. Kickass name for a kickass soldier. Ha. Once I found Garrett I went looking for an I name, and came across Ian at number 380. Garrett Ian Joe.

So the Joes have new names now. I've decided they'll have their own home in my world of dolls as well. I don't know if any of my other Barbies will join them. Doubtful, though some of the "younger" dolls are a possibility - I have a Skipper doll (I think) and a couple babies and a toddler whose name I've forgotten. He came with a father... or rather, the father came with him. They're supposed to be the family for the pregnant Midge that came out a few years back. I wanted her too, but when I went looking for her once I had money, she was gone. Some stores pulled her I guess. But her husband was still there. And a baby doctor barbie. So I got the Doctor and the husband, and they were supposed to be the family. *shrug* I actually can't find Doctor Barbie... her clothes are on different barbies now... meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy