Friday, August 21, 2009

hum bug

So I wandered the craft section at walmart, and couldn't find bobbins. Ugh. But I did find fabrics. Like, 8 of them. I only got a 1/4 of a yard each though... I hope that's enough. Most of the fabrics are for Rain and Garrett. They had a lot of hippie-ish fabric... atleast... what hippie-ish is in my mind. I think I got fabric for their bed, and their couch or loveseat, (not sure which I want them to have) and a throw for their couch or love seat. ha. I think five of the eight go to them? Then I found two for Linny, and one for Ethan. I couldn't find bobbins there though.

I went to Hobby Lobby next, and still couldn't find the bobbins. They had only two kinds of plastic ones, ones that were bubbled up or curved, and then these other ones that look weird. I'm going to have to see if I can't find the bobbins at another walmart. Walmart is where I got them last time.... though... that was probably like... ten years ago? Mayhaps if I can't find it at the Walmart closest to me, I'll bring one of my bobbins in with me to Hobby Lobby to compare it to theirs. I did find clear thread there though, and it was on sale. As was their shiny black paint. So I got both of those. Yay.

All in all, it was a fairly successful trip. I am a bit annoyed though, I walked right down the shiny embroidery thread aisle.... and walked right past. And I did look for fake fur trim at Walmart, but they didn't have any, and I forgot to check Hobby Lobby. So yeah, that's a bit annoying. Not too big of a deal though, embroidery thread and fur trim is not too high on my priority list. The bobbins kind of are though. :( Maybe I should wander over to this walmart now to see if they have them.... first I should check downstairs to see if I can find stuffing. I forgot to do that yesterday. I sure hope I can find it, I don't have enough for bobbins and stuffing. If I can't find my stuffing, I'll have to get that instead. Atleast I know this walmart sells stuffing though.

No pictures.... hmm.... well, let's go back a couple years... that is... if I can find... yes okay. A couple years ago... two-ish, I was a Gryffindor student for halloween. It was lots of fun. Haha. It's what I bought the stuffing for - I had planned on making a big Harry Potter doll to tote around with me, but in the end the little doll ended up being small enough to pin to my book bag. ha.

A closeup of me in my sweater and tie... I think I had to get my dad to tie it. lol


My whole outfit - give me a reason to wear it again and I will! Nyah hahaha


My bookbag. Various pins I bought on ebay, the two big ones I made, I crocheted the "G", and there's shoeless Harry. The bag was also filled with appropriate material.
Inside was:
~a couple potion ingredients
~Bertie Botts every flavor beans
~Blood pops
~two Butterbeers
~Books:
-The Wandmaker's Guidebook
-The Wizardology Handbook
-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
-Quidditch Through the Ages
~ Hogwarts notebook
~a couple of homework assignments
~a wand shaped pen
~a few feathers
~my acceptance letter
~and a wanted sign:


That was the image before I printed it out onto the same paper I used for the homework and acceptance letter. I forgot to take a pic of it before I gave it to the person whose picture that is. The picture was from the year before, he had dressed like a hippie. So no, he normally doesn't look like that. Ha.



A closeup of Harry, I crocheted the sweater, his tie is made of red and yellow ribbon, yarn hair, face is painted on, and his glasses are made of wire from a twisty tie, painted black and glued on.


This is my owl, Cepheus. He's actually a beanie baby named... Knowledge I think. I crocheted the hat for him, which he still wears. And his scarf is made by me... I don't know what the technique is called, but basically I loop yarn over my fingers over and over again.



My acceptance letter. I made McGonagall a teacher again, and George Weasley the headmaster. HA. The twins were my favorite characters.


That's my wand. I whittled it out of a wooden dowel with an exacto knife. Getting it a satisfactory color was tricky, wooden dowels don't soak up normal wood stain. I had to color it in with a wood staining marker.


Empty butterbeer bottle. I filled them, 4 parts cream soda/1 part butterscotch schnapps... or something like that. The circled area is a battle scar I obtained from whittling the stupid wand with an exacto knife. I also sliced through a shirt.


A potion. I kept my owl in the nook of my arm, my wand in one hand, and this potion in the other. This bottle wasn't in the first pic because I waited until I got to work to "mix up" this potion. It was quite funny. I cut open a couple of glow sticks. For those who have never broken open a glow stick before, inside there's a main liquid, and then a small amount of the other liquid - the stuff to make it glow - inside a glass tube. That's what cracks when you bend the stick. So I poured the main liquid in to the potion bottle, and kept the glass tubes in a zippy bag. At work I broke the glass, cut a corner of the zippy bag, and poured the liquid in. It instantly turned the almost clear, colorless liquids into glowing blue magic. My coworker was quite amazed at the trick. Hehe.

One more picture... a silly one:

Think the spell will work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy