Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Another day

I received a card in the mail. It was from the vet. "Deepest sympathy... May your pet live on in your memories and bring you peace." Nice of them. I've gotten a lot of love from my favorite forum. And I love them all for it. Annina and her newly adopted, gorgeous Iðunn were kind enough to even send me pictures.

The note says:
Dear Noxy,
please feel better soon,
we are sending you
*warm hugs*
Iðunn and Annina
~~~~~~~~~~~
So sweet. I love all my online friends.

I've been staring at Linny and Gareth... and I've realized I've been neglecting them. I've been wanting to create new outfits for them. I've got outfits in my head that I'd like to make for them. Have you met them? Of course not, you only just met me two days ago.


This is Gareth. He's a volks Dollfie... a Super Dollfie Ryo I think. He was so kindly given to me by the lovely Ziggytaku on the ED Forum. I love him. He's so perfect. When Tatie sent me pictures of him, he was bald, but she mentioned he was going to come with his default wig, which was brown, and I immediately thought "I'm going to need to get him a white wig, because he would look awesome in it." And then when he came, he came... with a white wig! It was a lovely surprise! He came with his brown wig as well, but I like him soo much in his white wig, I don't use the brown one. He's still in his cute little outfit, which I think Tatie actually made for him. It's a beautiful outfit, and beautifully done. And he's got some kick ass shoes. Haha. I'd like him to have something simpler for him to be in though. I imagine him in some red satin pajama pants, and a black tank/wife-beater. Just something more comfortable to sleep in. Hehe.


And this is Linnaea Niele. Or Linny for short. She's a Roxy Doll Becy. She came to me from the wonderful Labrat, who kindly contacted me, explaining Linny was an extra doll, if I remember right. Linny came without clothes, and I scrounged up what I could find out of my Barbies and whatnot. The top is from a 5 dollar beach barbie I have. Her bust fills out the cups well, but her torso is smaller than Barbie, so it's tied instead of using the velcro. And the skirt is from a Bratz doll that I bought to try and better understand the Bratz mania. (I have a younger friend who likes them.) I liked the top on her, but with the bottom, it just sorta looked like a hoochie outfit. And I hated that. So I went looking further for better attire. I found a barbie, that I bought because it was on sale, she's my most recent one I think.

She's technically a Teresa doll. She came with a big ugly kitty, a bottle thats very difficult to use, and a litter box with very very fine sand. (clumps fairly well when watered.) I think the concept of a tinkling kitty is rather ridiculous. I tried messing with the cat once, because, well, I got curious. But to get the water in to the tiny hole in the top of the bottle was nearly impossible. The bottle is too thin, so it doesn't do suction too well. THEN, you have to hold kitty Mika forcefully by the belly, to force air out, hold the bottle to it's mouth, and squeeze the tiny bottle while you're gradually letting loose of your death hold around Mika's tummy. What baffles me is that it's a product intended for 3-14 yr olds... first off, don't the tiny thingers that come with this doll count as choking hazards to anyone under five? Whatever, point is, I want to meet a 3 year old who can correctly maneuver this piddle kitty. Ridiculous. Once I got maybe a quarter of the water in to kitty's belly - tried for more, but impatience equals water everywhere except Mika's tummy - I stuck Mika in the litter box, I squeeze the piddler kitty, then squeeze HARDER, cuz she obviously didn't need to go at that time, and yeah, she piddled a slight bit. And the sand clumped, and I was able to scoop it out. Yay. I never played with the cat again.

But anyway. Teresa wore pants that were more like high-waters. Which end up being the perfect size for Linny. And then Linny stole her hoodie. Because, well, she needed it. Linny's torso is smaller than Barbies, so the hoodie doesn't sit perfectly in the shoulders, but it works. I actually love the hoodie on her. The hood itself is huge, cuz it's supposed to fit Barbie's head, but meh. Close enough. I plan on making her a brighter, two piece outfit. A blue color. Well, it'll be a one piece dress, with a hoodie or cardigan over it. I actually imagine the top part of the dress will be a lot like the bikini top she's wearing. Of course, it won't be velcro. I plan on trying to make the hoodie based it off her current one. (I don't want that pink to be a part of her outfit, so it'll have to be a different color... a paler pink, or maybe light purple, or green... whatever.) And her skirt will be more like a ballerina tutu. I've had the tulle for it for ages. I even had beads in case I want to try some embellishment.

I've decided now is the time to create these outfits for my dolls. Of course, there are already a couple of problems. First off, While I know where the fabrics are for Gareth's jammies, I have no idea where I put the tulle for Linny's. I bought it forever ago, and had it down in the basement, but then things got moved around.... so i suppose it's still down there, I'll just have to look. Another problem is the basement itself. My "room" is down there, where I my desk is that I write at and play with clay... and sew. But recently my room was over taken by old mattresses that should be thrown out, but for some reason, folks have decided to keep them anyway... which means I can't get to the sewing machine. I pulled the clay out, and it's currently on a folding card table on the other side of the basement, probably getting covered in sawdust, as that's my dad's corner. But meh. He doesn't complain of my intrusion, because he intruded upon my area with hugemongous broken beds. But the sewing machine is attached to a... well, a sewing table? Maybe... k yes, I just looked up some sewing tables, and that's sort of what the thing looks like... hang on let me see if I have a picture of ours...
...
...
...
Found one...

Tada... see the sewing machine? It's old yes, as is the table it's on. I painted the table white because the original version had sooo many chips and cracks and what not. But see? The sewing machine is attached to the table, and it can swing downward, inside of the table, the extending part of the table folds over, and poof, no more sewing machine. But now that spot is covered by two huge mattresses and two box springs. I needed to get through (to get to right under that extended area of the table) a couple weeks ago while I was searching for a dvd, and goodness, it took ages for me to maneuver around the beds to get there. It was terrible. I'm not quite sure how I'll get there to actually SEW... I may have to make my way over with a screwdriver, remove the machine from the table, and bring the machine out of that corner, without the table it's been attached to for years. Oh well, it'll be a challenge. Another potential problem? Me. I tried once last year to make a dress ED size on a sewing machine... I failed miserably. I've hand sewn crappy dresses for my Barbies for years and years... but I haven't much experience with sewing on a machine. Heck, aside from stuff I made in sewing class in 7th and 8th grade... all I've ever made successfully with the sewing machine is a pair of jammies (which I loved dearly, but lost in the last move) and some pillowcases. So yeah... hopefully I'm not being too ambitious in trying these outfits for my dolls. I think the jammies for Gareth shouldn't be too hard, it's Linny's outfit I'm sketchy about. But oh well. Once I get the outfits done, I'll see about fixing Gareth and Linny some "rooms" for their own. I have a tv box I plan on using for Gareth, though I'm not certain because I haven't brought him downstairs to measure. If not, he may just have the top of the pool table we don't use. I'll put some walls up or something. Haha. I originally imagine Linny in a tree house, but that may have to wait. Until I can afford it. She actually might reside in our old microwave. LOL. That microwave was older than I am, and just a couple months ago, it finally stopped working. But, when I plug it in, the light still comes on when I open the door. So, provided my dad hasn't thrown it out yet, (he keeps forgetting, and I mentioned once that I might want to keep it) then that might be her room. It's small, but I can always fashion the top of it as a yard or something. I dunno, we'll just have to see. I'm... looking forward to this. Mayhaps after Linny and Gareth are all set up, my clay dolls will be my next task. Mayhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy