Sunday, August 16, 2009

Playing with clay?

Still not feeling well, and gosh it took forever to fall asleep! I must have laid there for hours. Ugh. I do believe I'll be playing with clay today though. Today's goals:

1) Do some dishes
2) Do some laundry
3) Attempt some shoes for Linny*
4) Attempt medical attention for Mr. Joe**


*I'm not really sure what'll end up of my attempt, especially since I will be making them out of clay. Clay shoes... mayhaps I'll make clogs.

**My dad had a GI Joe when he was a child. He introduced his GI Joe to my brother when my brother was around the same age as he was when he first got him. Big mistake. Apparently, the way my father played with toys when he was younger was in such a way to have fun, while preserving the toy. The way my brother played? Play to and past the breaking points - the more destruction, the better.
This is what my dad's GI Joe used to look like, somewhat. I found the picture online. My dad's is blond though. I'll be sure to take a picture of poor Mr. Joe now. He's missing an entire arm, and because the arms were attached to the body by way of a rubber band holding the two arms in, his other arm is now held to the body with scotch tape. He's also missing both of his feet. Poor Mr. Joe. When my brother was done destroying him - when he was no longer able to play with him and enjoy it - he hid the doll. I found it, and adopted him in to my world of Barbies. He's been married to my Workin' Out Barbie - who's also seen better days, but not because I was destructive, all injuries made on my part were accidental - for... 12 years now.

So anyway, while lying in bed not sleeping, I thought of my clay dolls, and how Corinne - my first clay doll - was such a failure. Her originally jointed body is now permanently glued together, while also permanently missing both feet and a hand. Why? Because they kept coming off, even after I'd glue them. My solution? I created a new foot and a new hand... in casts. And another foot... in a boot. So Corrine now has a "broken" leg and a "broken" wrist. Haha:


There she is. Okay, you might be wondering why I made a foot cast if two boots would have made more sense. Well, it's because I had made the casts first. That other foot hadn't fallen off for the last time yet. When it did, I didn't want her in two leg casts, so I made the boot. I had planned on trying to make a wheelchair for her at one point, but game up the idea. She has a crutch though.

Anyhoo... onward with the story. I was thinking about gimpy Corinne when I remembered Mr. Joe is laying on my clay table downstairs. I had pulled him out of his normal area just recently to show the boyfriend. That's when my brother, Jimmy, explained that Mr. Joe was not mutilated by Jimmy, Mr. Joe was injured in combat. Right. So then I thought, if I could patch up Corinne, why not Mr. Joe? So I will be attempting to fix Mr. Joe up as much as I can.

So those are my goals for today. Tune in tomorrow to see which I achieved and which I didn't. Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy