Saturday, August 8, 2009

I hate titles...

Yesterday I tried to sketch on http://sketch.odopod.com/. I didn't like it. I hated my final product. And so, I shall share the point where I liked the pic still, before I ruined it completely.
Tada. Yay. But I got encouragement from my ED Forum family, so I figured I'd try again. I drew IĆ°unn this time:
I don't like her fingers, but I was afraid to erase and redo it. Oh well. I think you can still tell who it is. I think my picture makes her look a bit sad. I like it though. Hmm.... two blondes... mayhaps next time I shall do a brunette. Or maybe I'll wait until Yren arrives.

My third attempt at making a tulle skirt worked perfectly. No problems and no sewing, so no ugly black thread. Yayness. I made one more skirt, the same way, except I used all three tulle colors. It's cute. No more messing with tulle for now though.

So, I'm surprised to say, that the plan B wig worked beautifully. I mean really. I like it. I shall share a picture of it once it dries properly. So now Linny has two wigs, the short, white, furry one I made by accident, and a long purple thread one. Haha. I don't know if I want to make another thread wig. Part of me does, a shorter wig, and bright green or blue... but yeah, I dunno. Maybe. I used to have this shiny embroidery thread stuff. It was bright red, and while I like red hair, I don't see Linny as a red head, so mayhaps I'll go to the store and look for some in a different color. I tried dyeing some of that furry stuff, but it didn't take too well. Oh well. Maybe I'll look for more fake fur trim too.... (updates to-buy list: clear thread, bobbins, shiny embroidery thread, fake fur trim) Two wigs is good enough for now.

I'm so tired of her pink Barbie halter. I need to get started on that leotard. I will tomorrow. Got distracted online today. A new addiction... Restaurant City on Facebook. Oy.

Back in May, one of my friends moved out of her parents house to live on her own. She had mentioned that she wished she could buy a cat to live with her, but she wouldn't be able to afford the upkeep. My solution? I made her one.








Of course I had to spoil the cat as well. She named her Annabelle. The cat came with:
~5 cans of cat food (3 in fish flavor, 2 in pug)
~A small tin of cat mints
~Treat jar filled with treats (REMOVABLE treats mind you.. little brown square treats)
~Box of cat milk (milk made for cats - no need for refrigeration!)
~A package of organic catnip
~4 small mouse toys
~7 small catnip balls (with a dish to hold them)
~Yarn ball (of course)
~Feather cat teaser
~Box of kitty litter (sue me, it's generic brand)
~Kitty comb (with real metal teeth)
~One bottle each of shampoo and conditioner
~Litter box with scoop
~Cat scratching post
~A water bowl with clear, removable water
~A food bowl with half eaten food (not removable)
~A... er.... blue and white cage like ball thing with a silver "bell" inside (??? my Catz had that toy... I think)
~Chaise lounger
~Cat Carrier
~Shelf to store it all on

And it all came in recyclable paper bags from the store "woof!" (with a couple exceptions... Annabelle came in the cat carrier; the cat carrier/lounger/shelf without a bag)

I should have taken a pic with a penny or something to show scale... but there's a corner of my friend's remote control in one of those pics... does that count? Is that cat spoiled or what? Okay... I must confess, I had no effin' clue what to make for this cat. I just knew she needed to be spoiled. We had a cat until I was... oh... 5? He was named MacGuyver and he ran away. In later years, we found out my brother is allergic, so cats aren't welcome in the house. I googled cat stuff, and found a ton of references. Most of the stuff is made of clay. The yarn on the scratch post and the yarn ball is made of.. well, yarn. Then there's some metal too, like the chain holding feathers to the stick, the wire used in the comb and on the front of the carrier, and the legs of the lounger are metal beads. The kitty litter in the litterbox is a mixture of dirt and sand painted gray. And the package of organic cat food is made of a mix of sand, dirt, and tea. Of course the package itself is made of the corner of a ziploc bag and cardboard. The shelf is foam core board with wood grain contact paper stuck on. And the paper bags were made of... paper bags. Other than that, everything else was made of clay. Oh and Annabelle has "bling" on, which used to be a dangly earring that I lost the pair to. And the cat has some yarn on it too... I had originally tried to use the same technique as Marina's cat in her kyootee, but it didn't come out right. I had to brush out the yarn to where it was fluffy, then I'd cut it up and glue it on. But I fudged it up and couldn't remember what I did wrong. So, the yarn was heavily painted over, and was called "added texture" instead.

So... anyhoo... where was I? Oh right, so i made this cat for my friend. And I spoiled it rotten. I'm thinking of possibly making a cat for Linny. Or Gareth. Or mayhaps I will make Linny a dog and Gareth a cat. Oh the possibilities. I do know that I want the cat to be just as spoiled as Annabelle. Then the dog needs to be spoiled too. I think I want a dog for certain. But... I've never made a dog before... wait.... no... nope. Thought I might have made Brian from Family guy, but nope, he wasn't included in my gosh-awful Bowling Buddy series... so yeah, a dog might be tricky. We'll see. What's that? WTF are Bowling Buddies? Well... a couple of years ago, I didn't have any money for Christmas presents. So I decided to make people something. I made bowling buddies. My friends like to bowl. Made sense. Basically, it was a character from an animated show, holding a bowling ball, and sitting or standing on a bigger bowling ball, that had the friend's name on it. Three from Family Guy, two from the Simpsons, two Chilly Willys, and one from Futurama. Homer, Snowball, Stewie, Peter, the Evil Monkey, and Bender.

See the horridness. Oh jeebus... I might try redoing these someday. I like to pretend that I've evolved in my claymaking abilities. Oh, and Bender needed to be on a flat surface cuz he's a bitch, so he's not on a bowling ball. I'd say Bender is the worst out of all of them. I made him a lot nicer, honest, but he didn't hold up too well, and began collapsing, and constant repairs were made and so on and so forth.... back then, I didn't use any skeletal structures. All you see here are made completely in clay. I gave them a glaze, and painted on the words, but otherwise, it's all clay. Seeing all that makes me weep. All that lovely clay... to waste. They could have been lighter if I had used aluminum/wire skeletons like I've been using. And Bender wouldn't have had so many problems, as it was mainly his weight that was causing his demise.

I... go off on many tangents it seems. But meh, that's what boredom does to you. Where was I? Oh right, I think I may be making Gareth and Linny some pets. When? I've no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy