Friday, August 7, 2009

Bored yet?

Got a coupon for a free candy bar today. Finally. I kept forgetting about it. You tried it? Every Friday, until September 29th, Mars gives a coupon for a free candy bar. https://secure.realchocolate.com/
There you go, now you can grab one too. It takes six weeks to get here, but hey, it's a free candy bar... eventually.

I tried making a wig in the way I pictured making it in my head... and failed. Haha. Surprise surprise. So I'm attempting a plan B. If that doesn't work... atleast I accidentally made a cute wig for her to wear. I no longer wanted her to be bald, so I figured I'd make her a hat. I had this fake furry trim sitting next to me. When I finished the quick sew job, and stuck it on, it actually looks kinda cute as hair. It's white, and while I love white hair on Gareth, I'm not so sure I like it as much on Linny. I may try and dye some of the trim, and make different colored furry hair as well. Will have to take a picture to show you. ("you" meaning... noone? Since I haven't exactly told anyone of this randomness) I shall wait to take the pic though. So far it's only one. Later I'll try dyeing and making another. And try working on the plan B wig as well. With any luck, I'll have a couple more to show.

I then went about making a tulle skirt. It took me forever, was quite frustrating, and doesn't really look as nice as I wanted, cuz I use black thread... damn. I don't want to redo it, so I'm thinking I may try to paint the black thread to camo it in to the skirt a bit better. Wish me luck. Haha. The skirt sticks out quite a bit, much like a classical, pancake tutu. I think I like that. It's cute. I then decided to make a tulle skirt that was longer and didn't stick up. This one took even longer, and almost made me give up altogether.

*ahem* in a topic completely unrelated to the one at hand... my brother gave me some stale mini cupcakes. I had one of them before they were stale, and didn't much like it. I hate seeing food go to waste though, so I accepted them. I figured if I didn't like them, I'd just throw 'em away, which is what Jimmy would have done if I hadn't taken them anyway. Luckily though, they taste a lot better when they're stale. LOL. Mayhaps mini cupcakes are much like peeps? Hmmm.... anyhoo, we now return to our regularly scheduled program....

So eventually, I managed to get the skirt fixed. Again, it looks terrible with the black thread. But whatever. I already ruined one skirt, and am going to try and fix it with paint, might as well do the same for this one. I know I know... you're probably wondering "but, Moron, if you don't want the ugly black to show, why not put in a different colored thread? Like the clear thread you have on the top bobbin for instance?" Well,

A: I don't appreciate being called a moron. I know I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, but damn it, I'm not that dumb. I just have my "blonde moments," which I began referring to as "quick moments" (quick being the sarcastic term) because I was afraid my blonde friends might take offense. Where was I? Oh right,

secondly, I have no flippin' clue where that clear thread went, which is kind of annoying, because I liked that thread. I got it at a thrift store in a bundle of different colored threads. Anyone know if they still sell clear thread? I'd imagine so, no? My dad uses fishing line for all his sewing needs... mayhaps I'll look in to that.... and finally

D: I really can't remember how to work the bobbins anymore. I imagine this will become a problem when I run out of thread. Moreso a problem if I run out of the black before the clear. Because the clear bobbin is broken, and the thread has attached itself to the pole coming out of the machine. I think that pole is needed to spin more thread on to bobbins... so it might get tricky. And again, I hear you over there... "Okay quick one, if the clear bobbin is broken, why don't you switch it out for a non-broken one? " Welp... that's because I have no more bobbins. (to-buy list: clear thread, more effin' bobbins) Wait... those things are called bobbins, right? *checks* Right-o. Atleast I remembered one term from my sewing class in 8th grade... wait, I might remember another term... there's a foot. Right? That thing you put down with the switch? It's a foot of some sort... I think... ugh. I fail. And the sad part is, had we not moved half way through 7th grade, I would have never been in sewing. My previous school didn't have it available. And spanish was required. When we moved, my new middle school had sewing as required, and no spanish.... oh boy... I'm rambling. Where was I?

Right, k so I want to try for one more tulle skirt. Happily enough, it won't require sewing. And if it works nicely enough, I may make two more. And then I shall work on the leotard I'd like to make for her. I have these bright blue tights that I don't wear anymore, and I plan on using them for the leotard. If it works right, I also have some pink ones I may try to make one with as well. Then... I plan on trying to make some socks for her. I might try shoes too, but honestly, I wouldn't know what to do at all for shoes. So meh. I also have atleast one other idea for a dress, so I might try making that. And I want to make her some undies as well. Then... I'll either try for that cardigan (I decided to hold on the hoodie) or take a break from Linny and move to Gareth.

I did hold Linny up to the microwave though. I stuck it on a chair facing the back of the chair, so I couldn't open it and didn't feel like turning it just then. It seems to be a good size for her. And I really like the idea of her having a yard on her roof. I've got a Pirates of the Carribean coin bank that looks like a locker, so she may have that in her room, all depending on how it fits and if it works in her room. *shrugs* If not, maybe it'll be Gareth's.

Again... no pictures, and so I'll end with an ED pic by Chad:
*happy sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy