Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Baby shower invitations!

 So I mentioned a while back that I was working on baby shower invitations for my brother and sis-in-law. I am done!

It started when my sis-in-law mentioned thinking about ordering a ticket image from someone on etsy. That person charges $20 for the image, then she emails it to you and you print it out on 4x6 photos - two to a photo. I decided I could make a better ticket image, especially since I'm not selling it. (blah blah, enter legalities over including logos and brands for personal use/for profit without permission) And then all she'd have to pay is however much it costs to print them, which will be around $.75 for five.

So, using a few different baby shower ticket invitations and an official Chicago Bears ticket as inspiration, here's what I came up with:



The image in the back of the bears logo is my brother's favorite player. I didn't include the address or the "assistant coach's" (the person running the shower) number on this one. And the UPC code on theirs links to a Facebook event of the shower, while this one - which I think is too small to read anyhow, links to my blog. lol.

I'm pretty happy with it. And luckily Jimmy and Nubia both like it too.



So my brother and I both tried using a thumbtack to do the perforation on the sides, but heavens that takes a while. And it's obviously not consistent. So I used a sewing machine.
I think this sewing machine is 30 years old. lol. Still works though, and that's all that counts!



I tried my hardest to keep the holes straight, though some came out straighter than others.



Once the perforation was done, I lightly scored each line with a cutter - I didn't do this on my mock-up and noticed I nearly tore a chunk of the print right off. Figured I'd rather take the time to score each one than to ruin a ticket. Better safe than sorry.


 The pink bit here is a guard, and above that is a paper cutter. My sis-in-law bought one to assist in the wedding invitations last year (We printed them ourselves) and left it with me because she figured I'd use it more than she would. She's right, this thing has saved me sooo much time.



  I only used the cutter to cut the tops and bottoms. I then folded along the dotted lines...


...and tore each ticket from each other.


A pile of tickets. 108 in all. (There's 110, but my brother and I each did one with a thumbtack, remember? So those two aren't in this pile)

Sis talked about a possible raffle happening at the shower, so I took the liberty of numbering each ticket.

And there they all are! I'm so glad I got them done finally. Can move on to other things now. Hehe. :)



3 comments:

  1. Those are AMAZING! Seriously. I've done my fair share of crafty paper things, but this blows them all out of the water.

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy