Monday, April 15, 2013

Tamagotchis - in App form!! Tamagotchi L.i.f.e.



Tamagotchi L.i.f.e.  (Love is fun everywhere)


That's what the app is called. It took me one day after I'd first heard of this app for me to download it. I was excited. I used to have a knock-off when I was little. And then a few years back, when Tamagotchis kind of came back, I ended up with two of them. They were fun, but I kept forgetting to keep the little egg with me to check on it. This app goes on my phone, so I can't just forget to check on it. It works out perfectly.


So I downloaded it. It has two options to view your creature, classic version and app version.
The app has different eggs covers and backgrounds that you can earn based on how many creatures you raise. This is the first egg that comes with it, and of my few choices, I liked it best.




App form puts the creature in color. You could also touch each function with a finger directly, rather than the "classic" version, where you have to touch the yellow buttons to scroll through to the function you want. I preferred this style.


Once the egg hatches, in either version, you get a little black circle with white eyes and mouth. It flattens itself randomly. I only took one picture of this stage:
Once you care for it enough, it'll move to the next stage...



The screen flickers and your creature changes.


Every creature I started with turned yellow.



It works the same way as the eggs. It poops, you clean it up with the touch of a button..

 It gets happy.


lol. After that I got a little orange dude.



Then I got a little blue guy with a tail... twice.



And finally I got a pink one.





I played for each one about a week. The app sends nudges and reminders when you need to check on it. But I couldn't get any of the guys to last longer than a week.






This pink guy had this screen before he died, which makes me think he died because of me and not naturally.
 Clicking the screen changed it to the angel though.

The pink guy is when I had enough though. I bent over backwards to constantly check on that pink dude to see if I could get him to last longer than 7 days. Then I went to a movie with my guy. I checked on the pink dude right before the lights got dark and the movie started, and when the movie ended, he'd died. That  pissed me off, because I feel like if I checked him just before the movie, I should be given enough time to watch an effing movie before having to check on him again. Alas though, that's how this game works, and I'd forgotten exactly how needy it was until then. I haven't restarted the game since. I didn't want to run my life around a tamagotchi. lol.


Honestly, I feel like that's what they got wrong. They should have changed that for the app.

 People could choose the "classic version" and have it be just the way it is in the original game, yes, but I also feel like the app form should have included a "suspend" option.

A simple "pause" for when you need to put your phone on silent or busy. So you could still have the fun you have when you're caring for your tamagotchi, but you don't have to worry about killing it if you can't check on it for a couple hours. This would be beneficial to older folk with things to do, and younger folk who have effing school to attend to. It's true, when I was little, kids would bring their tamagotchi to school and care for it there, but heaven knows they shouldn't be doing that. This app would have been ten times better with a pause button.

Normally, when I'm done with an app game forever, I uninstall it. And while I feel like I am done trying to play this app, I still haven't removed it, because I feel a nostalgia for it. Ha. So it sits on my phone. And mayhaps one day I'll feel like restarting the game.





1 comment:

  1. You know, I was so excited when this app came out, because I loved having a little guy to take care of back in the day. But you're right, there are definitely some things they could have added or improved.

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy