Tuesday, April 2, 2013

BEDA number 2


BEDA number 2... and... GO!





I should have been working on my list of undone draft posts today, but alas, I was busy making another Jayne hat. Some lovely person ordered one, and it took me forever to make one. What happens is... I forget how much I dislike making those Jayne hats. And so I listed one for sale, saying it would take 2-3 weeks to ship. It took me almost that long to make it. When I still enjoyed making them, it took me about one eight hour session to make one. Now I hate it so much, I have to work on it in smaller doses or else I have a meltdown. I nearly did towards the end too, I knitted the ear flaps on backwards so I had to take them off completely and start the flaps over. That's two hours wasted right there. Oy. I don't know if I'll be listing any more of those. Ha.



Sharing a couple of pictures here... first one:

This is what's left of my brother's living room. They're moving out and it was suddenly sprung on them to move out starting yesterday when they originally thought it was the 15th. So they're in the process of moving now.




And then there's these mugs I think are adorable. Lord and Lady Nerd. Ha. I'm mainly putting these here so I can mayhaps go back to them some time as a reference if I try to make my own. ha.




This seems to be a short post. But my mind is wandering... so I keep leaving this tab and looking other things up.


You see, my brother and his wifey are expecting a baby. And yesterday my sis-in-law was telling me how she found a person on etsy who does baby shower invitations in the shape of a stadium ticket to a football game. She loved it, and mentioned it was $20 for the etsy person to take their information, put it on a graphic, then email the graphic to my sis so that my sis can go and print it herself. Um... excuse me? TWENTY DOLLARS to essentially get a picture, and then you spend even more money to print it out? I was like... please no. I'll do it. I told her it would be my contribution to the shower, and all she'd have to do is provide the cash to print it out. I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. If I were selling invitations on etsy like that, I might charge $20... but that would include printing and shipping. Geeze.

So that's what's on my mind. I'm looking up inspiration to design some baby shower invitation tickets. lol. And then I plan on making a few different layouts for them to choose from.

Alrighty, I'm off. Ta for now. See you tomorrow. :)

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH THAT HAT IS SO AWESOME (even if they're a pain to make). It's hilarious because I JUST watched all of Firefly again last week. It has to be one of my all-time favorite shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And did you seriously make that for Hank Green? That. is. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you made the Humpy Hank card!!!? I'm in awe right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL, yep yep! Made the hat and the card for Hank. I was so psyched when he showed them in his birthday video. Hee! Firefly is definitely one of my fave shows ever. I can rewatch that series over and over again.

      Delete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy