Friday, April 19, 2013

BEDA 19 update


It's already 19 days in to April! That's so crazy! Even more crazy that I have not yet felt a hate towards BEDA. lol. I am amazed. Hehe.


So it's been a while since I've just written an update. It's all been posts dedicated to one topic or another. Thought today would be a nice time to throw some updates in.


First an update on the International Geek Girl Pen Pals Club... I finally gathered all the notecards and stickers I've purchased in the past on a whim. I finally have a use for them! Haha.



And even though I found a lot of them, I'm still missing a couple... which is a shame, because these are all note cards and the stationary I'm missing are decorated paper - which could have been useful if I wanted some pretty paper to write extra tidbits on. Ah well.

I'm also taking part in two different IGGPPC related dealies, first is a bracelet swap between IGGLEs (IGGPPC peoples) whom are also nerdfighters. I'll actually be making a separate blog post about the ideas and bracelets I made and whatnot in the near future. lol.

And also, I have signed up for another Youtube collab! It's been quite a while since the BenPals have been active, and whilst I enjoy uploading hauls, reviews, and favorites, videos on my own channel, I did enjoy the unity and variety of a collab. So myself and six other IGGLEs (and two substitutes in case one of us can't make it) will be taking part in a collab channel called IGGPPCvloggers. Ha. Long name right. At least it's shorter than FiveAwesomeBenPals. lol. The channel is set to start this Sunday, and I am (again, yay!) Thursdays. Of course, next Thursday I will be out, and the following Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is C2E2, so I will be quite busy next week!




Moving on to things I got in the mail today.... lol

First, a sample of a "new scent" by Kate Spade called Live ColorFully.
It... does not smell "new" to me. It's floral, and for my tastes a bit too strong in it's scent, but essentially, smells like a default perfume. Like, when you walk in to the perfume section of a department store... there's always a mixture of scents there, but one florally smell tends to stand out a bit more than the others? That's what this smells like to me. I smell it and it immediately brings me to the perfume counter at Macy's. Not exactly a perfume I'd want really. Meh.

And this here is an awful picture, but I'm too lazy to take another one. lol
A few weeks back I was chosen to receive a creme shadow from Flower Beauty as part of their #FLOWERFreebieFriday.  I got Rest On Your Laurel, which is a white. A nice base for shadows I think.



And lastly, another while ago, Physicians Formula was giving away samples of their new Wrinkle Filler & Deep Moisture Repair. I managed to snag one of the 1,000.

I look forward to giving this a try. Woot!



Finally for today, a couple days back (Wednesday in to Thursday) it started raining. Continuously. By morning, there was a bit of flooding. At around 7 am yesterday, my guy and I wandered out the door to see this:









There's a worm - the only creepy crawly that doesn't scare the bejeebus outta me. lol.

By 10am, that area managed to dry up enough to where it wasn't flooded anymore, but other spots around town still were.


Now, there's this IGGPPC thread that has folks taking photos of their feet/shoes/slippers/whatever and posting them with the words "Wish you were here". I thought this idea was adorable and wanted to take a pic of mine at the park near my house. I've taken pics at this park before, so I thought I'd wander over for pics yesterday. Nope! The place was completely closed off because the river flooded. Plus it was still dark and rainy. So today, on my way back from the post office and the library, I parked a ways away, grabbed my camera, and wandered on foot over to the park to take pictures of the flooded-ness. lol.

Bear in mind that the flooding has gone down quite a bit from yesterday, the entire parking lot in front of the park was flooded too. It's not raining today though, it's snowing. Yay spring!









Those are the swings I wanted to sit on and take my "Wish you were here" picture. lol.







See that gazebo/pavillion/whatever? The river should begin just a couple feet before that. lol.
Thinking on it now, part of me wanted to stand in the flooded park, take a picture of my submersed feet, and do my "Wish you were here" pic that way... but then... a flooded park on a murky snowy day just doesn't seem like the kinda place you'd wish anyone was near. lol. Ah well. It'll either have to wait, or I'll find another place to take the pic. I am thinking I might to it at C2E2.


That's it for today! Hope you're all having a lovely day. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy