Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Maybelline Color Show Review [image heavy]

I'd never tried Maybelline Color Show before. In my mind, Maybelline is a makeup company, and I don't think of nails when I think of them. But they had some limited edition colors that caught my eye and I couldn't help but try them. I liked them so much I picked up more!




These were the colors I had.. I picked up Blast of Blue first, then Shock Wave and Coral Glow. Then Twilight Rays and Audacious Asphalt.


And then!! I picked up two more. lol.

Porcelain Party and Born With It. I haven't had some classic french manicure colors in a while.



So here's some swatches...




Blast of Blue...

 I got this one first because I'm out of my "police box" blue. I plan on doing my TARDIS nails for C2E2 coming up and I need to find a replacement. I grabbed this, but it's a bit too dark for my tastes. I'll keep looking.

Shock Wave...

 I just liked the color here. And I still do of course. the color looks lovely, and makes me happy when I see it. lol. Now I just need a police box blue that's somewhere between this bright blue and Blast of Blue's dark blue.

Coral Glow...

I keep thinking I'm a fan of coral, but whenever I pick up a makeup/nail color that's coral, I complain that it's too orange. So mayhaps I don't like coral? I dunno. lol. But this coral looks too orange for my tastes. I like a coral that's a bit more peachy.



Twilight Rays...

 I've been attracted to black polish with glitter in it. I think they're neat. I should just use black polish and put my own glitter polish over it, but eh. lol.

Audacious Asphalt...

 I've been wanting a gray, I think it's a nice neutral color, though I think it might be more of a winter color. Oh well! I'll wear it when I want! ha

Porcelain Party...

This white one is probably the worst of the group, but I'm not surprised - most white polishes aren't that great. It still works, just takes more coats. I think it was about 4 coats to get the coverage here.

 Born With It...

Last one. This is a nice pink. Hehe.











So that's it!


Overall, I really like these polishes. Two coats work great for most of these, though some of the shimmery colors can work with just one coat! If I happen across another color of theirs that I like, I'd pick it up for sure.












2 comments:

  1. Aha! Another BEDA-er. I'm telling you, this month can get lonely if you don't know anyone else doing it. I've never tried the Color Show ones before but I really like the orange one! I always like bright colors for nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOT! Another BEDA-er! I've just gone and followed ya! Woot!

      I do like bright nail colors on occasion, I have many orange polishes. Heh heh.

      Delete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy