Tuesday, April 23, 2013

One Dollar Neon Shadows...


So I've been wanting to do some highlighting with bright shadows for spring, but couldn't really decide on how to do it.  I tried using the bright color as a bottom eyeliner - in this video:






but I had to use a black liner next to it too, so it didn't look so bright. I was just lost. Then Bubz (one of my favorite beauty guru Youtubers) posted a video with her take on bright shadows, and I'm in love. But my selection of bright shadows was mainly comprised of blues. (I have a couple eyeshadow palettes, and they all have bright blues, but no other bright colors)

Enter frickin' Party City. I am seriously falling in love with this store. lol.  They had these neon eyeshadows for one dollar each. Technically, the two choices they had were "neon" and "shimmer". I don't need shimmer, but whilst I was pulling multiple neons down to see which one I wanted to take, (sometimes the powder's all loose, or there's a smudge somewhere... sometimes I'm picky) I noticed there were some neon shadows that were slightly different in shade than the other. Probably a few older versions of this shadow, but still, I couldn't choose which one I liked better, and with them only being a dollar, I didn't have to choose.


There are the two. The Top1 has a dimmer yellow and a more fuchsia purple, while Bottom1 has a dimmer pink, green, and orange.










In these swatches, Top1 is on the bottom. lol.

The purple shade next to the orange on the bottom here stains a bit I noticed.




I used the pink from the Top1 in this look... which I was in a hurry to take a picture of... so it's not that noticeable here.



Closed my eyes to show them that way. :)



Overall, this shadow is a bit finicky, sometimes takes quite a bit to show the color. But it's five colors for a dollar, and they're bright like I wanted, and it's not like I'm covering my entire eye every day or something. It's good for what I need it for. :)


1 comment:

  1. I've never thought of using bright eyeshadows as a liner! I'm a pretty neutral-eyeshadow person myself, but I might give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy