Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Teas


Have I mentioned how much I love tea? I'm not even all that picky about it, I just love tea. :)  I thought it would be a good BEDA filler to share my small tea collection. So here we go!!



Pic of my teas...
I'll just sort them in to pairs or so to talk about them. Though there's an odd number, so one will be alone.




First we have the basic teas. To the left is a lemon ice tea mix. It's from ALDI, mainly because I can't taste a difference between the ALDI brand and any other brand, so why not. And then there's the Lipton plain black tea. When I can't decide what tea I want, I normally default to that tea.


These next two are "slim" teas. They're supposed to be good for weight loss. I can't say whether or not they are though, because I don't use them for weight loss. I don't use anything for weight loss. Ha. The tea on the right... I actually cannot remember what brand it is or what it's called. I had the bright idea a while back that I should use mason jars to hold my tea. But then I got distracted and side tracked and never wrote down what tea this was. Fail. I do know it was a slim tea though. The directions were very strict, no more than one tea bag a day. It's a good thing I normally switch up the teas I drink I guess. lol. On the left is the blueberry green tea. I normally drink tea with honey and sometimes a bit of cream, but let me tell you, I cannot do that with this tea. Add cream and honey and it tastes like I'm drinking a liquified bowl of fruity pebbles. I was never a fan of those sickly fruity kids cereals. So I have to drink this tea alone, else I can't drink it at all. lol.


Next up we have the two teas with the most flavors involved. The chai smells very vanilla-y and I think I can also smell the cloves. And the vanilla caramel truffle tea was recommended to me by a close friend. It's a good flavor, but I don't know if I can really smell the vanilla. It's more caramel-y, I think. Both are nice teas, but only when I'm feeling like having something flavorful.


My Tension Tamer tea.  I was very tense and anxious when looking for this tea, and the dragon and Lady on this box drew me in. It smells of peppermint and a bit of cinnamon mostly, though there's a lot of other spices in as well - including catnip too from what I can see in the listed ingredients. lol. It does make me feel a bit more relaxed too. The peppermint is calming.


My sleep teas. I don't know how many times a week I'll lay in bed with my eyes closed for over an hour without sleep. Usually, that means I'll head down and make myself a cup of tea. And one of these two are the teas I go to.  The Tazo tea smells floral while the Nighty Night tea is more minty. I might like the Tazo a bit better.


These last two take me back. Back to when I became a tea drinker. I used to work at a cafe, years ago, and we served milk shakes, coffee drinks, and teas. The Republic of Tea was the brand we carried, and these two, British Breakfast and Good Hope Vanilla Red Tea, were my two favorites. Nowadays I can drink tea with sweetener or without and enjoy it either way, but back then, I could not. I tried every flavor we had - and Good Hope Vanilla was the only one I could drink without honey or sugar. It still is, to this day, my favorite tea. But I can't find a place around here that sells the full size of this tea (my local bookstore sells the small travel size, but that's a terrible waste of money) so I order online. Which makes me a bit more stingy when having this tea, because it's not as easily accessible. The British Breakfast just smells like a plain black tea, but a bit stronger in smell than the plain Lipton tea.




That's it! As I've already mentioned, I might drink my tea plain, or sometimes sweetened with honey. And sometimes with a tiny bit of cream.  I also use each tea bag twice, because I also enjoy the slightly milder taste of the once-used bag. (I dunno if that's weird.. is that weird?)


Recently my guy got me this little thinger:


It's where I keep the used bags so I can use them again. Hehe.


So cute!


I doubt this collection in its current form will stay as such for long. I often get curious to try a new tea, though most of the time that means I'll stand in the tea section of the grocery store and stare aimlessly until I randomly pull a box down to consider it. (Hello, my chai tea!)

Do you folks have any favorite teas?

2 comments:

  1. You've got some interesting selection of tea there! The one that caught my eye was the vanilla caramel truffle, is that any good?

    Caryl x
    http://www.mscaryl.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caryl!! Haha craazy, I'm actually planning on blogging about the prize I won from you tomorrow! :D

      The vanilla caramel truffle is actually quite good. I love it, though I usually prefer plainer teas. It's a good tea to switch it up occasionally. :)

      Delete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy