Saturday, April 13, 2013

Daisy Nails Tutorial

So I did my nails all pretty like a couple weeks back for Easter, and am finally getting around to posting about it. Ha.

I was on Youtube watching Bubz when she posted a nail tutorial on "Perfect Spring Nails"  Here it is below:


If you can see the thumbnail at least, you can see the daisies and the grass with the light blue background. At first I liked it all, but by the end of the video, I liked the idea of the nails without the grass as part of it. So I did my nails without and loved them! I thought I'd post a photo tutorial of what I did, even though Bubz's video above shows it all as well. It's the same thing, I'm not claiming to come up with it myself. This is just in case you don't feel like watching a video. :)



Daisy Nails
What's needed:
  • A bobby pin or a nail dotter tool
  • A toothpick
  • A base coat polish (optional)
  • A top coat polish (Also optional)
  • A yellow polish
  • A sky blue polish
  • A white polish

These are the polishes I used:
  • Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener (Base coat)
  • Essence Gel-Look XXXL Shine Top Coat
  • Rimmel London 60 Seconds in Sunny Days
  • Sinful Colors in Sugar Rush
  • Maybelline Color Show in Porcelain





Start out with a base coat, which is optional, though going without might result in some stained nails.





Next I used two coats of light blue:




Then I put a top coat over it:
Bubz says in the video that it helps with dimension and in case you mess something up, you can erase the mistake without taking out the blue polish underneath. I just went with whatever I ended up with so I didn't erase anything.



Next take your dotting tool and some white polish and make five spots in a circle:
 I used a dotting tool because I happened to have one, but in the video, Bubz uses a bobby pin just fine. I also just used a bottle top from a hard cider to put the white polish on. lol.



Now you take your toothpick and before your dots dry, pull a line through them towards the center:
Be careful not to pull too hard or you could pull the polish underneath the white. It's best to do each flower with a "clean" toothpick. Instead of using a ton of toothpicks though, I just wiped off one after every flower. Good as new.


At this point, I personally thought my nails were already quite adorable!



It kind of reminds me of a hawaiian shirt.
I definitely plan on doing this again without the yellow centers just like this in the future. :)



Now you take your dotting tool again, and put tiny yellow dots in the centers of your flowers.

 I started out using the bottle top like I did with the white...
But that Rimmel polish is a quick dry, so I ended up just pulling up the top, taking a bit off the brush with my tool, then putting the brush back in the bottle for each bit of yellow I needed.



Lastly, another top coat.





And there you have it!



Adorable daisy nails that are pretty darn easy to do!





They're so easy, I even went and did my toes! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy