Saturday, April 27, 2013

Music I've been listening to non-stop


There are always songs I come across that I love so much I'll listen to them literally on repeat. I thought I'd share the ones that currently make that list. Sharing songs reminds me of the first time I attempted BEDA. lol. That being said, a lot of the songs I might have shared during the 2011 BEDA are still in "repeat" status, but for the sake of this post, I'll only share the newer ones. At least... the ones I most recently placed on the list. lol. There's just four songs, so I won't be taking up too much of your time. Heh.



First, Justin Timberlake. He's back with a new album, and while I thought his first single, Suit & Tie, was very "Justin", it wasn't until his second single, Mirrors, that I fell in love again.


This song just sounds so beautiful. Certain chord combos tend to tear at me in a good way in some songs, and this song tears at me for the first five minutes or so. It's an 8 minute song, because Justin does his lame Justin thing and keeps the song going even though it doesn't need to be 8 minutes long. The radio edit is 4 and a half minutes I think, and that's perfect for this song.





Second, this is the newest song to make my "Repeat" list. It was just released on the 19th.



It's a cover of WHAM!'s Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, which is a song I think is adorable. And they made it... more... current, I suppose is the best way to describe it without getting in to genres. I mean, I consider the original to be a dance-y pop-y 80's version. And this cover is a dance-y techno-y 2013 version. Even has a rap section. lol. But it makes me want to dance. lol. Fantastic. I like to use it as my alarm song to wake up. lol.

I'd also like to share just a link of another cover of this channel's... Gangham Style.






Third is a song by Demi Lovato. It's called Heart Attack.



I love this song. It makes me want to sing along at the top of my lungs. It's about a girl who really likes a guy but is afraid to let him in because she's afraid of the pain of love... I know. But there's one part of the lyrics that stand out to me:

But you make me wanna act like a girl
Paint my nails and wear high heels



That. That right there is how I feel now with my guy. I have always been the tomboy, perfectly happy in sneakers, a t-shirt, and jeans, with no makeup. Up until last year, I didn't wear makeup because I didn't even bother to learn how. And now, with him, I feel more girly. I'm doing my nails more often, I'm starting a makeup collection, I'm hooked on beauty guru Youtubers, constantly learning how best to apply makeup through videos, I've even started posting my own reviews and beauty hauls on the Youtubes. I identify with those lines. I get it. It makes me love the song more.





Last is a cover of a song named Hey Mama by Mat Kearny. I actually like this cover better than the original.



I found this cover in a beauty guru's (SaturdayNightsAlrite) lookbook video, and immediately went looking for it.







1 comment:

  1. Hello to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from this web page, and your views are nice
    in favor of new users.

    My web page: matte skin

    ReplyDelete

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy