Monday, April 22, 2013

BEDA 22


Just another update post. I am in the middle of redyeing my hair red and laundry and... well, lunch. LOL. So I thought "HEY! What a great time to write a blog post!! BEDA!!!!"


This past Saturday my guy was in Detroit and bright and early that morning I headed over to my brother and sis in law's so we could hit Hobby Lobby.

They're supplying me with clay and wire to make TEN clay Chicago teddy Bears. Holy goodness. That's a lot of Bears. And I have a little over a month to make them. (The shower is on the 25th of May). That being said, I won't be starting the Bears until next week, which will give me less than a month. I can do it! I think.
There's all the clay. That should be enough for ten Bears, especially considering I use an aluminum foil base. Then I cover the base in plain white clay, (cheaper to buy in bulk) and then cover that in the colors the Bears will be. It's been decided that the Bears don't have to all be the same color, so I'm taking advantage of that fact. I think it will be cute to have some different colored Bears all in the same little jersey. Now, I do need to remember to ask what I'm supposed to put on the jersey. lol





I also picked up some of my brother's old Bears shirts that don't fit him anymore. I plan on hitting up some thrift stores to look for more and possibly attempting a quilt. That will not be for the baby shower though. Mayhaps Christmas. Then again, maybe not. lol. I dunno. Never made a quilt before. Always wanted to try though. *shrug*



So when we left Hobby Lobby, we stopped at Walmart (I needed pins with black heads for the eyes of the Bears... I could have just painted some pins black, but the material of the plastic on the heads makes it easy to scratch the paint off. Plus these pins were inexpensive.) and they picked up a "Mountainous Norway Aqua" colored paint for a couple of their walls. Jimmy decided upon getting home that that was the time to paint the walls, so I stuck around and helped.


There's my bro putting up painter's tape. We got this clean release tape I think.... It claims to give a clean line when painting, and has easy removal.... FYI: it does neither. It was a pain to remove, and there was sooo much bleeding. It even stripped part of the blue paint and some of the white underneath it. What a pain.

We made sure to use a plastic drop cloth...


There's my bro painting. He had one roller and a brush.


So I used the paint brush to get the corners and edges.


There's my brother's great job at getting himself. He has no idea what he was trying to do when he splattered himself, the plastic and part of the wall behind him. lol.


This one is the second wall being painted.


And there's the first wall finished...


And the second. Yay!



After that we headed over to pick up my dad, and came back to have dinner and play some Mario Party and Mario Kart on the Wii.
This wine... this wine right here is delicious. It was a bitch to open, but it was delicious. Long story short because I'm too lazy to write it all out - they didn't have a corkscrew. My brother sliced open his finger, we used three knives, (broke one) a screw, a screwdriver, a knife sharpener and a hammer. Eventually we got it open (Shoved the cork in to the bottle) with minimal cork pieces accompanying the drink. Hehe.



Going to go now. Finish re-reddifying my hair and doing laundry. Ta!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment comment comment comment? Cheep cheep!

 

noxyism Copyright © 2013 by noxy